The Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes RR, Maine, USA

Jeff Smith

In researching the original SR&RL RR I came across a book and YouTube which may be of interest.

This book is available in the USA from Kindle unlimited and is a wealth of pictures of all the Maine 2' rail roads inspired by Welsh narrow gauge practice.  Maine Narrow Gauge Railroads, Kindle Edition by Robert L MacDonald (Author)  Format: Kindle Edition

MD52154 is a 20 minute or so movie.  I cannot figure out how to paste the link but a search on YouTube should find it.

Edited by Jeff Smith
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 minutes ago, Jeff Smith said:

In researching the original SR&RL RR I came across a book and YouTube which may be of interest.

This book is available in the USA from Kindle unlimited and is a wealth of pictures of all the Maine 2' rail roads inspired by Welsh narrow gauge practice.  Maine Narrow Gauge Railroads, Kindle Edition by Robert L MacDonald (Author)  Format: Kindle Edition

MD52154 is a 20 minute or so movie.  I cannot figure out how to paste the link but a search on YouTube should find it.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 29/12/2021 at 00:28, Jeff Smith said:

On 29/12/2021 at 00:49, Paul H Vigor said:

Thank you so much Jeff and Paul for making this link work here - it is a wonderfully evocative film, that captures so well both the charm of the Maine 2’ lines and the tragedy of their demise.  A fascinating resource so full of modelling potential, Keith.

• Agree 3

• 1 month later...

Sandy River relied a lot on the Forney which Bachmann produced in 1/48. Long discontinued but with a growing audience perhaps a rerun may be due . . after all the 2-6-0 reappears annually in  different guises.  But last year - 2021 - ebay eventually gave me the opportunity to acquire one. as UK owners traded them in!

The Youtube film captured by Periscope is also available with live sound and in a slightly different format . . . hope this makes it . . . fingers Xed

• 8 months later...