Jump to content

Drop head buck eye couplings.


ozzyo
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ozzyo said:

Have you any news on these. Cost when they will be available etc.

 

Thanks

 

OzzyO.

Good evening OzzyO, I have attached some images we shared yesterday on our Facebook page. 

 

We are at the first stage of testing and already have a few little bits we want to look at adding and altering. Before we progress with them to full production we want to make sure they stand up to what we have outlined for them, so a month of heavy testing will be completed in all sorts of scenarios and any revisions we feel are needed will then be done ready for production. 

 

At this stage we do not have a solid delivery date or price as these will be dependent on any revisions we may implement. 

 

Hope this helps for now? And we will be sharing images and videos of these going through the testing stages

 

Kind Regards 

Chris 

FB_IMG_1640892147422.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892152607.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892155726.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892159246.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892162357.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892165125.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892170192.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ellis,

 

I'm impressed with the look of these couplings, but a couple of questions if I may.

 

How are the coupling going to be kept in the in use position, as in the real thing a pin goes through the coupling shank and rests in the hook.

 

For uncoupling are we just to lift the coaches, that will suit me as I won't be uncoupling on the layout. But for some it may put them off.

 

Yours

 

OzzyO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Will they be compatible with Kadees?

They will be compatible with Kadees

 

3 hours ago, ozzyo said:

Hello Ellis,

 

I'm impressed with the look of these couplings, but a couple of questions if I may.

 

How are the coupling going to be kept in the in use position, as in the real thing a pin goes through the coupling shank and rests in the hook.

 

For uncoupling are we just to lift the coaches, that will suit me as I won't be uncoupling on the layout. But for some it may put them off.

 

Yours

 

OzzyO.

They lift up and slot onto a lug which holds them up and in position similar to the pin on the real one but it's part of the hook on ours.

I haven't had a look at how they uncouple yet but I should have some answers for you on this when I'm back in work on Tuesday. 

 

Kind Regards 

Chris 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/12/2021 at 19:28, Chris-ECT said:

Good evening OzzyO, I have attached some images we shared yesterday on our Facebook page. 

 

We are at the first stage of testing and already have a few little bits we want to look at adding and altering. Before we progress with them to full production we want to make sure they stand up to what we have outlined for them, so a month of heavy testing will be completed in all sorts of scenarios and any revisions we feel are needed will then be done ready for production. 

 

At this stage we do not have a solid delivery date or price as these will be dependent on any revisions we may implement. 

 

Hope this helps for now? And we will be sharing images and videos of these going through the testing stages

 

Kind Regards 

Chris 

FB_IMG_1640892147422.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892152607.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892155726.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892159246.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892162357.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892165125.jpg

FB_IMG_1640892170192.jpg

Well thay look brill...lucky 7mmers!...

Looks like thay weigh 80lb's like the 12" ones, when you first learn to drop and lift in BR school buckeye day training you wake up next day with a buckeye bruise in the crease of your arm as you have to practice the 'swing' to engage split pin correctly.. 

Vivid memory of training day in Reading up yard back in 88!

  • Like 2
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2021 at 14:04, Chris-ECT said:

I haven't had a look at how they uncouple yet but I should have some answers for you on this when I'm back in work on Tuesday. 

 

Kind Regards 

Chris 

 

 

Hello Chris,

 

do you have answers to my question.

 

Yours

 

OzzyO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2022 at 13:50, ozzyo said:

 

 

Hello Chris,

 

do you have answers to my question.

 

Yours

 

OzzyO.

Hi Ozzy,

 

We're currently still working on the method of uncoupling.

 

The challenge here is keeping them as close to the prototype as possible, whilst enabling easy uncoupling.

 

We will be posting an update on here as soon as we know :).

 

All the best,

Ellis.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 27/04/2022 at 09:34, ozzyo said:

Hello Elis, Chris,

 

do you have any updates on the buckeye coupling yet?

 

ATB

 

OzzyO.

Morning OzzyO the couplings have just had minor tooling changes completed and are now in production so not too long now! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 29/04/2022 at 09:24, Chris-ECT said:

Morning OzzyO the couplings have just had minor tooling changes completed and are now in production so not too long now! 

 

Hello Chris,

 

that's good to hear, now another question. Do you have any idea about the cost per pair or for multiple buys?

 

ATB

 

OzzyO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ozzyo said:

 

Hello Chris,

 

that's good to hear, now another question. Do you have any idea about the cost per pair or for multiple buys?

 

ATB

 

OzzyO.

There will be a full update on these including an RRP in the next week or so, we have been working flat out on the Presflo pre-orders this week so once that is at a level we will be back on to these projects 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/05/2022 at 15:23, Roy Langridge said:

I wasn't aware of these until now. Any chance of re-uploading the images from the first post at some point please?

 

Thanks,

Roy

Please see the attached photos, if you have any more questions let us know 

FB_IMG_1651934319928.jpg

FB_IMG_1651934322751.jpg

FB_IMG_1651934325366.jpg

FB_IMG_1651934327619.jpg

FB_IMG_1651934330534.jpg

FB_IMG_1651934333325.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 03/01/2022 at 00:12, bradfordbuffer said:

Well thay look brill...lucky 7mmers!...

Looks like thay weigh 80lb's like the 12" ones, when you first learn to drop and lift in BR school buckeye day training you wake up next day with a buckeye bruise in the crease of your arm as you have to practice the 'swing' to engage split pin correctly.. 

Vivid memory of training day in Reading up yard back in 88!

Indeed. I trained on them at Neville Hill (ER) and the first thing we were taught was that if we were caught using any kind of lever, bar or stick to help lift them we'd be Form 1ed as that was a guaranteed way of losing body parts if it slipped. On returning to my new supervisory posting at an ex-LMR location the first thing I was handed was the official LMR Buckeye Lifting Tool, a sort of lever/bar/stick thing with a knurled handle ! My RO2 took one look at it and decided it would make a good paint stirrer. 

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wheatley said:

Indeed. I trained on them at Neville Hill (ER) and the first thing we were taught was that if we were caught using any kind of lever, bar or stick to help lift them we'd be Form 1ed as that was a guaranteed way of losing body parts if it slipped. On returning to my new supervisory posting at an ex-LMR location the first thing I was handed was the official LMR Buckeye Lifting Tool, a sort of lever/bar/stick thing with a knurled handle ! My RO2 took one look at it and decided it would make a good paint stirrer. 

Yep...as a boy of London midland region....the ER always give this air of superiority over other regions we are the best...etc best trains...best rules exams best training.....

I transferred to skiton in 93 and came under the ER control....Trust me thay talk the talk...ER way or no way ..just like Buckeye lifter...no way bt ER way

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wheatley said:

Indeed. I trained on them at Neville Hill (ER) and the first thing we were taught was that if we were caught using any kind of lever, bar or stick to help lift them we'd be Form 1ed as that was a guaranteed way of losing body parts if it slipped. On returning to my new supervisory posting at an ex-LMR location the first thing I was handed was the official LMR Buckeye Lifting Tool, a sort of lever/bar/stick thing with a knurled handle ! My RO2 took one look at it and decided it would make a good paint stirrer. 

In his book 'Steam Days at Haymarket' Harry Knox mentions using a coal hammer in the coupler jaws to lift the buckeye into position.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

...best rules exams best training.....

I transferred to skipton in 93 

You'd have been at Skipton around the time we were stirring a tin of paint with the Buckeye Lifting Tool to tart up the 'APPLEBY' rockery sign then !

 

Never did any training anywhere else to compare it with but the ER signalling school at Donny was certainly unique. If you forgot to mention the lever collar in your answer you were likely to collect one in the chest while everyone sitting in front of you ducked ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Wheatley said:

If you forgot to mention the lever collar in your answer you were likely to collect one in the chest while everyone sitting in front of you ducked ...

 

Luxury!

 

Mike.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/05/2022 at 18:46, bradfordbuffer said:

Think ozzy going to be excited! 

 

I am and that looks like part of my starting order for one train. It looks like my pension could go very quickly when they come out.

 

OzzyO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...