Drop head buck eye couplings.

ozzyo

3 hours ago, ozzyo said:

I am and that looks like part of my starting order for one train. It looks like my pension could go very quickly when they come out.

OzzyO.

Can't buy a house in heaven....get ya brass spent!....I'm sure ect will help you empty bank account! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/06/2022 at 12:08, ozzyo said:

Hello Chris, Ellis,

do you have any updates on the drop head buck eye couplings? Cost, release date Etc.

Yours,

OzzyO. 

Afternoon OzzyO, we will have an update relatively soon now the bulk if the Presflo flurry is over. I will make sure either Ellis or I will put a post on here as soon as we have the information ready to go, but it won't be long 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: ECT Working Drophead Buckeye Couplings

Good morning all!

Our smallest project (in size) has received a huge following since it's announcement back in April 2021.

We said then that it would take a while to engineer, test and tool these couplings, with an official RRP and release date being announced once we were satisfied with their operation.

After a long testing period, working both with The Gauge O Guild Group and a handful of individuals whom operate on various track set-ups, we're now satisfied with the strength and operation.

Shown in the pictures are the latest CAD renders and we must say, we think they look "drop-head gorgeous"!

Today, we're both proud and excited to announce that these couplings are now in tooling and we have both an expected release date and retail price for you!

Please see below for the key details:

Prices:

£12.50 per pair, with 10% off when buying 5+ pairs

Release Date:

Q4 2022

Pre-Ordering:

We don't charge anything upfront for pre-orders and instead, we take payment once the items are physically in stock with us in Skipton

Features:

Super-fine detailing

Die-cast construction

Working drophead function - prototypically operated via a lift and drop method

Sprung loaded

Will fit most RTR and kit-built stock through the buffer beam coupling eye

Sprung-loaded knuckle tongue

Adjustable length via pin slots in the drawbar

These couplings are now available to pre-order on the website (ellisclarktrains.com).

Who's excited to do some coupling replacements?!

dh1.jpg

dh2.jpg

dh3.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 1

Hello all,

I've been banging on about these couplings and I'm very glad that they are now so close that I've ordered 5 pairs to start with.

OzzyO.

Edited by ozzyo
  • Friendly/supportive 1

These look really good.  However, for me, the couplings supplied by Lionheart between coaches work fine even though they are not as fancy as ECT and in the wrong place (under, not through, the bufferbeam).  For coupling to a screw link on the loco, there is a bit of a challenge since getting the link over the hook is awkward.  I cut away some of the gangway floor to accommodate.

John

Edited by brossard

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, brossard said:

These look really good.  However, for me, the couplings supplied by Lionheart between coaches work fine even though they are not as fancy as ECT and in the wrong place (under, not through, the bufferbeam).  For coupling to a screw link on the loco, there is a bit of a challenge since getting the link over the hook is awkward.  I cut away some of the gangway floor to accommodate.

John

No different to the real thing, and even worse between coaches.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, brossard said:

the couplings supplied by Lionheart between coaches work fine even though they are not as fancy as ECT and in the wrong place (under, not through, the bufferbeam).

The key is they work. I'm not sure if just putting these new ones through a buffer beam slot with little sideways play would? 

21 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

The key is they work. I'm not sure if just putting these new ones through a buffer beam slot with little sideways play would? 

We have had several pairs out with different customers and groups for the last 6 months on test. With this they have been trialed on a verity of kit built and rtr stock with great success and no issues reported back. 

Between both me and our cad engineer we have done a lot of stress testing on them too and I have yet to break them. Hope this helps answer any worries about them 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, Chris-ECT said:

We have had several pairs out with different customers and groups for the last 6 months on test. With this they have been trialed on a verity of kit built and rtr stock with great success and no issues reported back. 

Between both me and our cad engineer we have done a lot of stress testing on them too and I have yet to break them. Hope this helps answer any worries about them 

yep, super ta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You TT guys are all me me me, we 4mm chaps and chapesses have stock ready and waiting, and we want them now!

Mike.

Oops errr....3mm please!... not...not euro trash TT-120....that argument is in another section! 

It's a tease...

• Friendly/supportive 1

22 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Set back,  pull the chain and give the driver the tip, to move away.

not on these babies, you have to drop the pipes and then refit them to the loco part of the train, then blow up to get vac. or add air to the system.

Don't forget the buffers could have to be extended, and lamps added ETC. ETC.

ATB

OzzyO.  

• Funny 1

On 22/06/2022 at 13:11, ozzyo said:

Chris,

how do we uncouple them?

ATB

OzzyO.

On 23/06/2022 at 13:41, two tone green said:

Good question. Was thinking how they interact with Kadee knuckles that have the trip pin. 

I have had a quick chat with our Cad engineer and she has assured me there is a way to uncouple them using a bar, once the new samples have arrived it will be easier to demonstrate then, but over the next few days I'll write up a description 

Edited by Chris-ECT