MRJ 287

Not Jeremy

MRJ 287 just arrived in the post (back to a stiffened envelope so a little bit of useful cardboard buildings material!}.

So far looks like an OK issue, although I'm not really impressed by the rather dismal night-shots of a layout, but each to his own.

• Agree 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, lambiedg said:

Just arrived in Motherwell still in poly bag!

That's the way to do it !!

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Smiffed my copy in glorious sunshine in Seaton this morning, followed by a visit to Frydays.

Only fly in the ointment was the long diversion via Sidbury for the  road works over Honiton Common was still in force coming home.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Round of applause 1

Is there any significance to the change of address? Now both editorial and subscriptions c/o Elgar Books, Huddersfield. It doesn't seem long ago that the address changed from Didcot to Bath.

I remember some chatter about the proprietors (Paul Karu?) wanting to retire from it at some point, around the time the 8 issue subscription option was removed. Perhaps the new address signals some changes on this front?

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, justin1985 said:

Is there any significance to the change of address? Now both editorial and subscriptions c/o Elgar Books, Huddersfield. It doesn't seem long ago that the address changed from Didcot to Bath.

I remember some chatter about the proprietors (Paul Karu?) wanting to retire from it at some point, around the time the 8 issue subscription option was removed. Perhaps the new address signals some changes on this front?

No significance and no thoughts of retirement just yet. The new address is simply that of the new printers and is more convenient for distribution, nothing else to read into it.

Jerry 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

Mine arrived yesterday in poly bag with reminder to renew subscription which I will do today .

We had company,  so I had to wait 5 nerve shredding hours before I could get my fix of MRJ . Aaaah . A pleasure delayed ……

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Smiffed my copy in glorious sunshine in Seaton this morning, followed by a visit to Frydays.

Only fly in the ointment was the long diversion via Sidbury for the  road works over Honiton Common was still in force coming home.

John

Now you're talking - a visit to Frydays, top notch (why else would anybody to Seaton - unless they liked little trams - or needed to buy a copy of MRJ?).

BTW my copy arrived yesterday afternoon in my shopping bag - so yes, they're now on the shelf in the local branch of WHS ;)

Got mine from the local purveyor this morning. I'll keep it for an afternoons perusal tomorrow.

No Idea how it managed to hiccup, something to do with the RMweb software as it took about 5 minutes to post!

Edited by Hroth

• RMweb Premium

I got my mitts on a copy this afternoon, before adjourning to the pub, I will flick through it at bedtime and then give it a thorough perusal in the morning,  if I'm lucky I might even get a fry up in bed,  but I may be living in cloud cuckoo land.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, martinT said:

... but 7 pages (+ cover) of them is just sheer indulgence - just 1 page would have done!

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. This is a very unusual layout in any case, being essentially built as a night time scene. You hardly ever see this. It's also been enlarged recently and the modelling is top notch.

I'd have happily seen twice that number of pages devoted to it! Perhaps the one thing lacking was a track plan, most of us like a track plan, don't we?

Oh, and the other thing I would have liked was a little more text on what Jim has been doing with the layout recently.

Ah, and also a few photos taken prior to sun-set, so that we can admire the excellent modelling a little better!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Perhaps the one thing lacking was a track plan, most of us like a track plan, don't we?

Oh, and the other thing I would have liked was a little more text on what Jim has been doing with the layout recently.

Ah, and also a few photos taken prior to sun-set, so that we can admire the excellent modelling a little better!

Well, we can at least agree on these!

• Funny 1