MRJ 287

Not Jeremy

16 minutes ago, Craigw said:

I ordered my copy today from The Titfield Thunderbolt. I like to support a good bookshop so this issue of MRJ only cost me 60GBP (plus postage). 

Same here. I just wish Simon wouldn't include those pictures of gauge 1 diesel hydraulics in the parcels. I keep getting tempted towards larger scale modelling....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pete_mcfarlane said:

Same here. I just wish Simon wouldn't include those pictures of gauge 1 diesel hydraulics in the parcels. I keep getting tempted towards larger scale modelling....

I purchased a Wild Swan Album on diesel hydraulics because of some of those dratted postcards he includes!

Regards,

Craig W

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

As ever, another splendid issue.  One question - are the laser-cut wagons in James Aitken's article 4mm or 7mm?  I'm sort of guessing 7 mm, but it would be nice to have that confirmed.

(and, as ever, it is entirely possible that the article does actually tell me and that I've missed it...)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Good issue. 

I particularly enjoyed James Wells' article on the Hornby 08. Out of my period/gauge but much in the way of useful information and a good read. 

It would be nice to see more articles from James. 

Cratfield is a delight. Again out of my period but much by way of inspiration offered by the lovely images. A splendid model railway and a fitting tribute to the late John Watson. One which I will be referring back to on many occasions. 

All in all, an enjoyable issue. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 30/01/2022 at 23:23, Zero Gravitas said:

As ever, another splendid issue.  One question - are the laser-cut wagons in James Aitken's article 4mm or 7mm?  I'm sort of guessing 7 mm, but it would be nice to have that confirmed.

(and, as ever, it is entirely possible that the article does actually tell me and that I've missed it...)

It's implied in a couple of places in the text, but not explicitly stated so far I i can see.

But, yes, I take it to be 7mm.

• RMweb Gold
On 24/01/2022 at 11:36, pete_mcfarlane said:

I'm sure it's not deliberate.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

The postal gods were very good to me today and delivered MRJ and some other goodies. 

I enjoyed MRJ, the 08 article was excellent and i was very taken by Cratfield. The photos of Brettell Road I did enjoy, I am quite happy looking at artistic photos.

As an aside, if you do not have the Diesel Hydraulic book I would highly recommend it. I model the 1920s GWR and have no real interest in the 60s and later but the photos in this book are just superb.

Regards,

Craig W

IMG_E7232.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Page 470. Didn't like to mention it. 

Doesn't detract from a great set of images though..

Rob. 

• Agree 2