Archive Images website

Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Does anybody know if this site is still active? It all seems to be fully operational up to a point with a vast collection of photos but there seems to be no way of ordering.  I've sent a couple of e-mails but without response.

Thanks

http://www.archive-images.co.uk/gallery/Archive-Colour-Images-of-the-Railways-of-Herefords/image/73/

• Moderators

John,

I enquired about an image from there I needed for an article and got no reply at all. I subsequently found that they hadn't got any exclusive rights as I tracked the original down to a museum who gave reproduction rights so you may find an alternative source.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Love that image of the 14xx by the way. 

I'm as much taken with the station building and platform as I am with the loco. 

Rob. 

• RMweb Premium

They definitely do not have rights. A lot of the images were slides 'borrowed' from a dealer and copied or scanned. I know this because the dealer sold me the original slides, supposedly with copyright. The one in your link was taken by Martyn Wilkins as I have about 400 or so of his slides including some at Titley and surrounding area.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Love that image of the 14xx by the way. 

I'm as much taken with the station building and platform as I am with the loco. 

Rob. 

Indeed, the picture is now my desktop background! I too am very taken with the station building and particularly the scenic aspects. To reproduce a model of the picture would be very pleasing. A diorama beckons!

Thanks Andy and B1969, it now explains the 'non-response' of my e-mails.