N'Tastic Scale Models - Road Vehicle Range

Tricky-CRS

A change of plan.

I have spent yesterday afternoon setting up a PreSale page on my website. I will finish adding pictures over the weekend. Please share far and wide we need the sales. 20% off until the 14th of February (yeah I know had to pick a date) then 10% until end of April.

N'Tastic Presale

Masters are with the caster, I am waiting feedback, Presale orders will be despatch as they are completed hopefully no later than the end of May 2022.

One new vehicle added as part of the Presale is the 1950s Karrier Bantam

Bin lorry cast v6.png

Drinks Lorry cast v4.png

Shop v7.png

LowLoader Cast v5.png

Tanker v3.png

Tipper Truck Cast v4.png

Tractor v2.png

Edited by Tricky-CRS
Edited the title - oct 2023
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, grahame said:

I've ordered some already and paid. But I've just noticed that they're unlikely to be posted out for four months (end of May). That seems a long time, is that really the case?

Worst case, I am waiting to hear from caster, if I need to do more work on the CADs on some or change route it gives me sometime some time. As orders are ready I will send them out, this is plan B I am just trying to work through a solution.

Thank you for your support.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Happy to support and put an order in for a few vehicles.  The drop side Sherpa pick up was a must have, my Grandad drove one of those ex Forestry Commission in dark green.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I consider It is a shame that you are focussed on the N gauge market. These look a really nice, broad and detailed range. Whilst I don't expect to be buying any, as my preferred scale is larger, I thoroughly wish you well. You deserve great success for your efforts.

Personally I think that it is a refreshing change for a producer to focus and concentrate on an N gauge product range. Far to often N gauge takes a back seat or is completely ignored by manufacturers.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, grahame said:

Personally I think that it is a refreshing change for a producer to focus and concentrate on an N gauge product range. Far to often N gauge takes a back seat or is completely ignored by manufacturers.

No criticism meant, only jealousy

• 4 weeks later...

Friday update - 6 NEW KITS added to the presale and updated chart. It is looking very promising that these kits are going to be a mixture of injection moulded plastic/resin with a few modifications, whitemetal and 3D printed. That said 2 new kits are etched so those are obviously none of the above but brass. The Transits and Sherpas are being worked on first as that is what was sent to the caster first. Production will now follow as masters are prepared and cash for moulds becomes available. Vehicles that I thing are likely to used on train loads will be prioritised for plastic/resin with others in metal or 3D print based on complexity and expected sales.

The plastic/resin option is expensive at about £400 per mould and will produce 9 transit size kits. So I have picked 9 transits and 9 sherpa's to get started. Once these are up and running I'll move down the list as cash becomes available.

Thank you all for your support so far.

ntastic-presale

thumbnail_51DD24677C7547D0921BFF9F00267CF2.png

Flatbed truck v1.png

Sherpa-MiniBus-RAF-Police.png

Sherpa-Police-Van.png

SteeringWheel-fret-01.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0820[9788].jpg

WingMirrors-fret-01.jpg

2022-02-18-Chart-Top10.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 19/02/2022 at 20:46, Trewisin said:

Hi Richard  i see you have been busy again. I like your Bedford airport aircraft  mobile staircase,looks interesting.

I hope to get an order in soon stil deciding which ones to go for.

Regards .Ray.

Hi Ray, it does look good, I have seen a Bedford CA aircraft refueler and did it consider doing it but could not find enough details.

Postage for UK and Europe reduced and refunds given.

Aeroplane steps down  v7 (1).png

Aeroplane steps v7.png

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

Friday Update - 20% discount will drop to 10% at the end of Month (MONDAY). The 10% discount will continue until mid April. Following feedback from the caster I have spent today making a few changes to the Ford Transits. I will print and prep these this weekend and send them to caster. He is confident that we can injection mould these in plastic / resin. This is a new system that has been around about 2 years called Siocast. Once we have proof of concept with the transits I'll push on with the rest.

https://www.coppermineminiatures.co.uk/ntastic-presale

39 minutes ago, BernardTPM said:

Oh that Siocast system looks interesting!

It does, I have just got some samples from the caster of some I think 20mm military figures and the material is very nice. The machine and setup is about £60-70k, training is in Spain although they may come to you to help set up. Moulds are coming in around £300+vat but should have a good life of about 300 shots (from memory).  Its a very new system been around about 2 years alot of wargame companies are going over to it as the models are slightly flexible and alot lighter. My vehicles are pushing it though, but I thing we can do it, just need to have a go.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Friday Update - Presale set to 10% until 10th April. The core range of transits are waiting for tooling, the lead time is about 4 weeks. The remainder of the transits will be in 3D printed, I am waiting until the tooling is done to confirm what fits in the mould. But the SWB, LWB, Chassis Cab, Parcel van and Ice cream van will be produced in plastic, at the moment anyways. The milk float will be part plastic and part 3D printed. The campervan we are waiting to see if it will fit in the mould. The Gown van and fridge van will be 3D printed. I am now going to quickly move on to the next 2 moulds, now I have been told about the 4 week lead time for tooling.

Thank you to everyone who has backed this project so far.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/info2X

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Weekly update:
Masters for the Transit, Cargo and Bedford CA are with the Siocast company. No feedback on the last 2 yet so hoping just in the queue.

10% Discount sale continues until the 10th April.

If you would like to top up orders before despatch please email and I will send a free postage code or just order through website and I'll refund postage as required.

I recently added a limited number of CRS building kits to the website (link below), these are discounted by 25% until sold out. Once gone I will redesign and develop them further.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/info2X

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Delivery / Production Update

Over the last few months we have been looking into various manufacturing methods. Several months ago masters were sent to a company for production on a 4 week lead in a new system called Silocast. Two weeks ago they announced that the system is not yet operational in the UK and that they were having issues. The masters were sent to Spain to the main company, who proceeded to say the system can't do our models. So with the end of May delivery deadline looming the decision has been taken to turn to 3D printing. It is our intention to despatch all orders placed before 26th of May by 16th of June. Orders placed after that date will be despatched once back orders are complete. No orders will be despatched between 17-28 of June as we will be on annual leave. The first weekend in July we will be running a demo stand and helping at Railex Buxton. So orders between 17th June and 11th July will be delayed and despatched as time allows.

All the best,

Richard

https://www.coppermineminiatures.co.uk/n-tastic-scale-models

https://railexbuxton.co.uk/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will be helping and demoing at Railex Buxton this weekend (2&3rd of July), if your about please pop in and say hello. I will have the full range on display (none on sale) plus 3 new items that will be launched in the coming weeks. I will also have other N gauge appropriate kits on display, mainly road vehicles.

Railex Buxton

• 2 weeks later...

NEW PRODUCTS: Last weekend at Railex Buxton I previewed 3 resin cast buildings.
NSM-B001 Precast Concrete Building - Weighbridge 
NSM-B002 Precast Concrete Building -  Lineside Store / Office (large)
NSM-B003 Precast Concrete Building -  Lineside Store / Shed (small)

I have also this weekend agreed the next 4 vehicle kits with my CAD designer, details to follow in due course.

https://www.coppermineminiatures.co.uk/building-kits

B001-01.JPG

B002-01.JPG

B003-01.JPG

• Like 1