Moving trains through storage blocks

vulcanbomber

I have 6 storage loops and one of the loops No. 5 have three blocks A,B,C which can hold up to 3 trains . 1, 2 & 3. 

At the start all blocks are occupied, then i manually select and move the train 1 out of block A.

Then I automatically want train 2 to move into block A and train 3 to move to block B, leaving block C clear.

I want this to continue for ever with the trains always moving forward if the next block becomes empty.

This is the only piece of automation ,I want on the layout

I am just starting to use JMRI and Engine driver to control the layout. It is looking very promising at the moment

I have track sensors installed in Blocks A,B,C from the time the layout was fully automated using Rocrail

With the advent of Engine Driver I find it more interesting to control most the layout manually, since I no longer need to fixed in one spot in front of the control panel.

I imagine I can do with JMRI but haven't any idea how to start.

• 1 month later...
On 25/01/2022 at 15:29, vulcanbomber said:

I have 6 storage loops and one of the loops No. 5 have three blocks A,B,C which can hold up to 3 trains . 1, 2 & 3. 

At the start all blocks are occupied, then i manually select and move the train 1 out of block A.

Then I automatically want train 2 to move into block A and train 3 to move to block B, leaving block C clear.

I want this to continue for ever with the trains always moving forward if the next block becomes empty.

This is the only piece of automation ,I want on the layout

I am just starting to use JMRI and Engine driver to control the layout. It is looking very promising at the moment

I have track sensors installed in Blocks A,B,C from the time the layout was fully automated using Rocrail

With the advent of Engine Driver I find it more interesting to control most the layout manually, since I no longer need to fixed in one spot in front of the control panel.

I imagine I can do with JMRI but haven't any idea how to start.

as mentioned by tony this can be done with TC in fact I have done this with a 6 road storage yard that holds 4 trains per road. As each train leaves the strorage yard all trains behind will move up automatically.