New Accurascale Exclusives Announcement - OO HUO in Bauxite Livery

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

A buffer is missing on one of my HUO bauxite pack A wagons.Has any one any ideas which one it is from there accessory range . So i can purchase a replacement .

Drop a note to support@accurascale.co.uk with the Pack SKU number, we'd be more than happy to post you out a replacement. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Re the buffers.

Just a suggestion, but could you make the shanks and fishtails using a more resilient type of plastic, or make it bigger and a tighter fit through the casing, even when flaring out the fishtail behind the headstock it is so soft that it contracts back to it's original dimension, the layout room has gone crunchy underfoot with Accurascale escapees!

Mike.

7 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

You could try gluing the buffers in place, though that rather negates any marketing value of sprung buffers.

Tis easy enough to remove buffer shank & spring from the body prior to supa clagging the buffer body in place. Buffer and spring just pop back in once the clag has dried.

• RMweb Gold
On 04/02/2022 at 11:55, Enterprisingwestern said:

Re the buffers.

Just a suggestion, but could you make the shanks and fishtails using a more resilient type of plastic, or make it bigger and a tighter fit through the casing, even when flaring out the fishtail behind the headstock it is so soft that it contracts back to it's original dimension, the layout room has gone crunchy underfoot with Accurascale escapees!

Mike.

Hi Mike,

We've certainly standardised on a more robust fishtail, if you are missing a few floor fairies, do drop a line to support@accurascale.co.uk and we'd be more than happy to send you a few complimentary replacements.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

You could try gluing the buffers in place, though that rather negates any marketing value of sprung buffers.

Not wishing to start a ruccus, but I don't see the point (and the extra expense?) of sprung buffers on models where the vast majority of end users will be using tension locks/kadees etc and they will be of no relevance, other providing a party game of hunt the escapee!

Notwithstanding the foregoing, I appreciate them greatly as I use instanter/screw/3 link couplings, so they do actually come in handy, I'm just exasperated at their willingness to act as though they've been designed by NASA.

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 26/01/2022 at 19:26, murphaph said:
On 26/01/2022 at 19:07, Colin_McLeod said:

Ordered.

Question for Accurascale.  How do I order a single coal load for this wagon? The loads are sold in packs of three to match the three packs of other wagons.

Maybe ask on here if there are two others in the same boat then buy one pack and split it?

Placing an HUO and an MDV side by side, the interior sizes into which the loads fit are very near identical so it should be relatively easy to modify an HUO load to fit an MDV.   I already have the single Jenny Kirk MDV and have pre-ordered the bauxite HUO, and am thinking a three pack of HUO loads and keep one spare for a future single HUO or MDV issue.  

On a separate issue, I had always remembered unfitted wagons being painted grey and vacuum fitted ones painted bauxite.    Would a bauxite painted hopper not be an HUV?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

Placing an HUO and an MDV side by side, the interior sizes into which the loads fit are very near identical so it should be relatively easy to modify an HUO load to fit an MDV.   I already have the single Jenny Kirk MDV and have pre-ordered the bauxite HUO, and am thinking a three pack of HUO loads and keep one spare for a future single HUO or MDV issue.  

On a separate issue, I had always remembered unfitted wagons being painted grey and vacuum fitted ones painted bauxite.    Would a bauxite painted hopper not be an HUV?

Hi @cessna152towser,

As per the photo on the Paul Bartlett website it is a HUO that received bauxite, so wholly correct for our model.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...

I'm curious, has anyone attempted altering the brake gear on an Accurascale model to represent other variants of these wagons?

For an early 1/148, I'm thinking that some of the details from a Parkside LNER 21t hopper chassis would do the job, with other bits from the spares box. Tie bars would need removing and axle boxes replaced where applicable.

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brhopperhuo

As for a diagram 1/153, there's the larger buffers, vacuum pipe and lack of tie bars for starters. Again, brake rigging needs altering, and on that subject, I would imagine the brake equipment on the RH wheel would need scratch building? Is that similar to what the vacuum fitted COVHOPs had?

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brhopperhuo

Cameron

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

My bauxite HUO arrived this morning.  A beautiful wagon with lots of very intricate and accurately focussed small printed detail which I could barely read even with a magnifying glass.   Just need to get some more loads for HUOs and MDVs.  I thought I had ordered some but it seems the Accurascale software dropped my order as I had ordered on my Accurascale.eu account but gave my home address in Scotland for delivery, and now they are showing on Accurascale.co.uk as out of stock.    Cursing the B***** word again!

Accurascale Exclusive HUO in Bauxite

(two min

Edited by cessna152towser
Adding photo and video
  • Like 1