Chinese made Hornby class 86 motors

ianmacc

Hi. My layout is a TMD set in the late 80s early 90s WCML era. 

I have 86235 Novelty and 86241 Glenfiddich; both of which are Chinese made ringfield motors with all wheel pickup and they are fine over the inevitable nest of tight curves and points that ensue. 

Margate units are unsuitable as they don’t have the capacity to avoid excessive interference from the hand in the sky! 

I have just picked up another 86235 and I’m going to put a Margate body on the chassis to increase the amount of locomotives I can have as the body shells are interchangeable. My question is which Hornby class 86 releases are the Chinese made superior running type as my intention is to purchase some. 

I know of 86235 Novelty in inter city, 86241 Glenfiddich in RES and the modern freightliner unit that actually has a modern motor similar to their railroad class 90.

Are there others? Hornby has released a ton of 86s over the years and it’d be nice to obtain them all and remotor them. 

Ps yes I’m aware of the Heljan models and have 86214 in intercity but they don’t like tight curvature, cost twice the price but don’t capture the 86 presence any better than the venerable old Hornby tooling which was essentially accurate. 

Edited by ianmacc
Spelling

10 hours ago, Going Spare said:

The Service Sheet for the 5-pole motor/all-wheel pick-up version also quotes R2160A 86215 The Round Tabler, R2414 86233 Alstom Heritage, R2290D 86248 County of Clwyd, R2596 86901 Chief Engineer and R2755 86259 Les Ross.

That’s brilliant. Just the information I needed. So not the Anglia ones which is a surprise. Saved me £60 then…