Lancashire United Transport, anyone know a source of transfers?

ColinK

• RMweb Premium

91D92347-4939-4D4C-8B6A-9947EE8ED273.jpeg.5632267b278c9d0fdb9c898d9c1cee3a.jpegWhile working in the schedules office at Lancashire United Transport (LUT) the company taught me to drive buses, so I could drive for them evening and weekends.  I was very lucky to be one of the last people to learn on one of their Guy Arabs.

I’ve got one of the unpainted Rapido models of a Guy Arab which I am painting as LUT training bus TV1.  However, I cannot find any transfers of the  ‘Lancashire United’ fleetname.  Does anyone know where I can get some?

I’ll also need number plates, ‘L’ plates,  ‘Training Vehicle’ to go in the destination box and ‘TV1’.  I’m hoping to cobble these together from other transfers.

• Like 1

There is a chap on EB>>>>> trading as MMFF45 who does a huge range .........I have used his stuff before but his listings don't have a search function so you would have to page through the lot to check on what you need. Don't know whether he  will do custom work.

Hope this is of some help if other sources aren't.

Alan

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that the bodywork is matt or semi-matt painted - the transfer film now shows up as a glossy patch. To avoid this, use gloss paint first, then apply the transfers, then coat with matt or satin varnish - the carrier film will then be far less obvious. Simply varnishing over them as they are won't completely cure the effect.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1