Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Keith Armes

bcnPete

• RMweb Gold

Very sad news indeed.

I never met Keith in person but did converse with him over emails.

He built me some turnouts in fine scale N Gauge for my future excursion into 2mm scale modelling.

In this instance the point work for Attadale Station on the Kyle Line. 

Keith was most helpful and provided an excellent service. The turnouts themselves are like jewellery and I will certainly look forward to using them. 

A very sad loss and my condolences to Keith's family. 

RIP Keith. 

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

This is very sad news.

I never met Keith but I did correspond with him, A friend passed me his details when I was seeking some help with a track plan. I sent the info to Keith and asked if at some time in the future he could help me. 48 hours later the completed plan came back with the comment "I thought that looks interesting I'll do it now" I couldn't thank Keith enough for his generosity of time and experience. It took ages to get him to accept something as a payment until I mentioned a location he was interested in and that I had photographs of it.

A thoroughly decent chap, who, if my experience of him is a measure of the man, will be missed by many.

• Friendly/supportive 6

I knew Keith in the 1970s when we were both members of the South East Essex Railway Society, based at Leigh on Sea. Great times and memories, trips to Portugal to travel behind broad and narrow gauge steam specials, BR Merrymaker tours, and watching his 2mm stock run on the Society test track.

Paul

Edited by PaulG
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Vary sad to hear this news,

Keith produced the Templot and built all the pointwork for my exhibition layout Little Salkeld back in 2016 and it's a real credit to him that the layout is always praised for the track work.

More recently Keith produced another Templot for my next project, an EM gauge layout based on Brading on the IoW. To further help out, and totally unprompted, he also sent a collection of old Triang clerestory coaches for me to cut up and convert to IoW stock - a really nice gesture.

Keith was a real gentleman, friendly and helpful, a skilled modeller, and generally a great guy, he will be very much missed.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends

Paul

IMG_3504.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

A really nice guy not sure if I ever met him but conversed via emal he also made a superb job converting my C replaced  the tyres and coupling  rods.   I trust his family is coping well at this difficult time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMt0SEpa5-4

Nick  B

Edited by nick_bastable
  • Friendly/supportive 3