Paignton Zoo railway

Kris

• RMweb Premium

This is no more. It was removed earlier this month.

Apparently it had not been used for a couple of years due to covid and a decision was made based on the need for repairs. 

The area looks very sad now. 

IMG_4269.jpeg.71d93a8dfc2143779a485f81d9e532fc.jpeg

• Friendly/supportive 4

I wonder if they'll be able to move the track on. When I last went the track from Thorpe Park's old railway (closed 2011) was sat in a pile under Swarm - I think it can be made out to the left of the track at 2:05 in the video below. I can't help but think someone would take it (or would have done a few years ago) and I can't imagine that letting it rot is the most profitable use.

21 hours ago, DK123GWR said:

I wonder if they'll be able to move the track on. When I last went the track from Thorpe Park's old railway (closed 2011) was sat in a pile under Swarm - I think it can be made out to the left of the track at 2:05 in the video below. I can't help but think someone would take it (or would have done a few years ago) and I can't imagine that letting it rot is the most profitable use.

Didn’t the coaches from Thorpe Park (possibly some track as well) go to Lynbarn (Milky Way theme park) and some to Woody Bay?