Building another O gauge micro layout and weathering stock

Nick G

My idea at the moment (things may change) is a small layout based on some MOD exchange sidings. Probably just utilising shunters due to the small size. I already have a Heljan 03 in Industrial yellow livery fitted with a Zimo sound decoder with Paul Chetter sound file and a stay alive. The forthcoming Heljan 02 shunter in yellow may also be added to the fleet when it is available.

03c-31-1-22.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Stephenwolsten said:

Welcome to 0 Gauge!   The GOG Kettering Show could be a useful introduction to what is available in 7mm:  https://www.gaugeoguild.com/events/guild_shows.aspx?id=4

But will it happen? Two years since last GOG event and many shows still being cancelled.

Dava

• Agree 1

Glad to see someone else joining the ranks of 0 gauge.  I did 00 for nigh on 30 years and 0 is so much more satisfying.

If you can't attend a show, sign up for Gauge 0 Guild.  Membership comes with a very good magazine that contains a plethora of ads from traders great and small.

John

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/02/2022 at 22:11, Dava said:

But will it happen? Two years since last GOG event and many shows still being cancelled.

Dava

Yes, the Kettering Show is definitely happening.   And the assumption is that the Doncaster and Stafford (Guildex) shows will happen this year too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nick like you I'm dipping my toe into O gauge railway modelling. You have done a nice job on the VEA wagons and your 03 loco looks great. 

I am in the process of collecting wagons at the moment. Look forward to seeing more of your O gauge adventure.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 03/02/2022 at 18:30, Kevin Johnson said:

Nick like you I'm dipping my toe into O gauge railway modelling. You have done a nice job on the VEA wagons and your 03 loco looks great. 

I am in the process of collecting wagons at the moment. Look forward to seeing more of your O gauge adventure.

Thanks Kevin, the VEA's are nice and I find this bigger scale easier to weather than OO. Are you planning on building a layout in the future?

Edited by Nick G

Flirting inevitably leads to a full blown affair and before you know where you are, what started as a bit of fun finds you divorced from your previous love. The only hope is the settlement on disposal of assets leaves you sufficient funds to embark on a path with your new found love.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Thanks Kevin, the VEA's are nice and I find this bigger scale easier to whether than OO. Are you planning on building a layout in the future?

I will be planning a micro O gauge layout in a plastic Christmas tree box.

• Like 1

Trying to replicate replacement buffers fitted but still in undercoat. Working from a prototype photograph. Dapol 08 of course still to have the windscreen wipers fitted and weathering.

IMG_8996.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 9
  • Agree 1