Bachmann OO Spring 2022 Announcements inc. OO9

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Why pick out a manufacturer that is very expensive to make an invalid point? 

It's like saying I reckon a new Mini is too expensive for what it is and you saying "It's not as expensive as a Ferrari".....

Jason

Says the person who’s picked out the cheapest manufacturer to make an invalid point.

It’s not an invalid point though.

Cavalex HAA, Flangeway Salmon, Just two others off the top

of my head. Stick your head in the sand all you like, if you want quality models, you’re going to have to pay for them.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

What are you basing the "current" price of one on? As to date Bachmann have not released a RRP for them.

Probably rising from an arm and a leg to an immortal soul? :jester:

Edited by Phatbob
typo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The prices don’t seem to be shocking me at the moment, however that might be because I am concentrating on my bike project at the moment. Those prices are eye watering! ( probably shouldn’t have bought a Ducati 748) though to be honest Hornby already as my sole due to some black 5’s and a princess. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, D860 VICTORIOUS said:

Have been looking at my pictures of this loco on the Waterloo-Exeter route,and the faded and unkempt condition looks to have been well represented. Well done Bachmann.

The weathering looks similar to Kernow MRC’s limited edition of 47537 from 2019. That hasn’t sold out yet at £189.95 so I do wonder how quickly 47526 will sell. 

I’m pleased to see 47435, as a plain BR blue loco but with ETH, so soon after the first releases, and 47711 in large logo, but another 47712 in Scotrail livery so soon after the Bachmann Rep area limited edition is a surpriseHow many people will realise or care that the livery is as preserved?

My first choice for the second batch of 47s was a BR green with full yellow ends, but clearly I’ll have to wait longer for that.

• RMweb Premium

Nice to see that 47711 appears to have the correct style headlight and not the standard square high intensity that was shown when it was proposed on the old tooling. Now they have a car style headlight they can fit it to some centre box 37/0’s in large logo!

I’m a little surprised there’s not something about the class 25, I would have thought Bachmann would have been busting a gut to get it out before the SLW one especially with their delays. Seems to be some reference in the early pages that samples are due shortly though.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SHerr said:

Nice to see that 47711 appears to have the correct style headlight and not the standard square high intensity that was shown when it was proposed on the old tooling. Now they have a car style headlight they can fit it to some centre box 37/0’s in large logo!

I’m a little surprised there’s not something about the class 25, I would have thought Bachmann would have been busting a gut to get it out before the SLW one especially with their delays. Seems to be some reference in the early pages that samples are due shortly though.

Accurascale are already doing a LL 37 with car headlight.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, younGGuns7 said:

keeping to the original title with comments regarding the content 

Oh the irony ;) 

Nice to see the other Fairlie done and I might have to get Mick’s favourite not a DBSO too. 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Oh the irony ;) 

Nice to see the other Fairlie done and I might have to get Mick’s favourite not a DBSO too. 

? Irony what that’s mean. Please read the previous comments none actually comment on the announcement but compare to other models prices etc. As always the thread never stays with the original OP but descend into a futile confrontations

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

? Irony what that’s mean.

“state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.”

7 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

Please read the previous comments none actually comment on the announcement but compare to other models prices etc. As always the thread never stays with the original OP but descend into a futile confrontations

I did read them and it made me smile The irony being that you did exactly the same and made no comment relevant to the subject of the thread but criticised the thread!

Announcement threads always descend into jubilation or moans. Occasionally some useful info comes out of the pages of discussion so I skim through and occasionally find a gem to enjoy. ;) 

Edited by PaulRhB

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Flittersnoop said:

When the time comes I shall sell the children and buy a rake of Vanwides.

They're on their way v soon so get the kids on ebay just in case a buyer returns them as faulty and you have to re-advertise. You also get more layout space and modelling time as a bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

They're on their way v soon so get the kids on ebay just in case a buyer returns them as faulty and you have to re-advertise. You also get more layout space and modelling time as a bonus. 

And 80% off sellers fees this week too ;) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

“state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.”

I did read them and it made me smile The irony being that you did exactly the same and made no comment relevant to the subject of the thread but criticised the thread!

Announcement threads always descend into jubilation or moans. Occasionally some useful info comes out of the pages of discussion so I skim through and occasionally find a gem to enjoy. ;) 

Expert 

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Oh the irony ;) 

9701/02/03 should be finished soon and I may modify 9714 to the small window and add end details later.

RTOV.jpg.c70a056b1c50c4517e2bf5ccd9b60863.jpg

• Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

The weathering looks similar to Kernow MRC’s limited edition of 47537 from 2019. That hasn’t sold out yet at £189.95 so I do wonder how quickly 47526 will sell. 

I’m pleased to see 47435, as a plain BR blue loco but with ETH, so soon after the first releases, and 47711 in large logo, but another 47712 in Scotrail livery so soon after the Bachmann Rep area limited edition is a surpriseHow many people will realise or care that the livery is as preserved?

My first choice for the second batch of 47s was a BR green with full yellow ends, but clearly I’ll have to wait longer for that.

If I was KMRC i'm not sure i'd be happy with this release - as you said the 537 old tooling hasn't sold out at £189, the 526 new tooling  and 15% off would be about £26 more .

If you are in the market for a very weathered early 90s duff which would you go for ?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

very surprised there are no matching Mk2f coaches to go with the Anglia DBSO......they were "f"s werent they on the Great Eastern? also what were the GEML catering vehicles in that era?    MK1 RBR or a converted Mk2f Mini Buffet RFB?

Anglia sets had a mix of Mk3 RFM full diners and some RFB super micro buffets which tended to work the "maximum capacity" peak hour trains which would include several ex FOs which had been converted using APT seating into 76 seat standards, all unidirectional, for Midland Mainline commuter semi-fasts.  In my brief employ at Norfolk County Council I had a few trips down to London from Norwich and had the misfortune to travel a couple of times in the high capacity rakes.  They were needed due to the platform length constraints on the GE and the high level of commuting from Ipswich inwards.

So, if Bachmann really want to grab the GE modeller, they could legitimately offer the RFB, and for the sake of a new interior, a demoted FO sardine can.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Oh the irony ;) 

Irony:
a) the physical property of containing a great deal of iron.
b) a small town in Idaho.
c) "state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result".
:jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

At a fraction of what Bachmann would want.  I think accuras sound fittedxis less than £250 on new tooling and extra features.....

Not saying Accurasacle won't remain cheaper, but comparing an over 2 year old price with current prices is problematic given the way price increases in everything are going for the last 12 months.

• Agree 1