Austrian ÖBB 1142

MichaelE

Since there is no forum for Austrian railroads I will post this here with the German threads.

This came last week from Union Modellbahn in Germany. I originally purchased it to pull a Eurofirma consist of ÖBB coaches, but after seeing a TRIX set of double decker CityShuttle coaches I decided it was to pull these coaches and leave the Eurofirma coaches to the reliable ÖBB 1014 locomotive.

At the time of purchase I was unaware that this very locomotive is set up for push-pull operation with the CityShuttle train. Just dumb luck on my part after it arrived that I found out.

Anyway, this is a Roco model with a Zimo 645 PluX22 decoder installed. Works well, but it lacks a high beam control for the headlamps and has no cab lighting. Not a deal breaker, but I would have at least liked to have had the high-beam headlamps.

It is very nicely detailed and I have removed the front coupler for this push-pull operation and replaced all of the front end components with the display pieces that were included with the model. It looks much better now than with an un-used front coupler hanging out to distract from authentic looks.

7Npp5nh.jpg

UPQHPKj.jpg

H7XRQgi.jpg

b70Li08.jpg

QaBeBhQ.jpg

JCaiAXT.jpg

puUCBsy.jpg

WfOYsTt.jpg

ISsKyDb.jpg

3OdX07b.jpg

2UcCLvM.jpg

i6atqjJ.jpg

Edited by MichaelE
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for these photos I’m bidding on one at the moment to work with my OBB domestic coaches, there were some Lima models available at a reasonable price but always the thought of spare parts . 

Hi, I agree this is a lovely model. If this was sold as a new item I would contact the dealer regarding the faults you mention, if you bought this as a pre used item I would get the chip checked out at my local model shop. 

Most unusual for a Zimo chip to fail in my experience.

Have you considered joining the Austrian Railway Group based in the UK. A google search will find them easily.

They have a world wide membership, a active forum, a quarterly journal in English. a model section plus other benefits.

A very friendly bunch of guys with a mountain of knowledge between them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, duff man said:

Hi, I agree this is a lovely model. If this was sold as a new item I would contact the dealer regarding the faults you mention, if you bought this as a pre used item I would get the chip checked out at my local model shop. 

Most unusual for a Zimo chip to fail in my experience.

It's not a fault. It was just not included in the programming. There are no LED cab lights in the model, and no function programmed for hi-beam lights.

14 hours ago, duff man said:

Have you considered joining the Austrian Railway Group based in the UK. A google search will find them easily.

They have a world wide membership, a active forum, a quarterly journal in English. a model section plus other benefits.

A very friendly bunch of guys with a mountain of knowledge between them.

I'd second that, a great group and very helpful, friendly people

• Like 1

• 11 months later...