Purple Bulleid anyone?

PaulRhB

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Hmmm

11484447-9501-4607-AD92-E6-D7688619-D1.j
A635-D431-7461-45-BD-B423-4-CCE392-F4-A0

sorry to say, for my personal taste the purple is too light. Looks like it’s there to advertise Cadbury’s chocolate and not celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.

2 minutes ago, Trainshed Terry said:

That is sooooo very wrong in many ways.

Terry

And yet paint a Deltic purple, then later offer it as a model and people go crazy for it.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Edge said:

Hmmm

11484447-9501-4607-AD92-E6-D7688619-D1.j
A635-D431-7461-45-BD-B423-4-CCE392-F4-A0

sorry to say, for my personal taste the purple is too light. Looks like it’s there to advertise Cadbury’s chocolate and not celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.

Yes, I'm hoping this reproduction of the colour is wrong - I had seen it yesterday on their own website. It's violet not purple. Purple is a superb colour but a much deeper colour than this. [Paul who really liked going to school in a bright purple blazer for 5 years]. A disappointment so far. 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 15/04/2022 at 00:19, Steamport Southport said:

I expected it to be the colour of the Royal Train. Or at least a bit darker and richer. More a Deep Purple.

So if it does a tour to the seaside there will be smoke on the water? And if it ran late it could burn into the black night like a speed king on the return leg?

🙃

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Going by what was observed during shunting today incoming trains had passengers clearly looking out for the QE2. There were also more people coming to the station than normal and clearly to see the engine. Whatever I may think of the colour, the paint job is fab and no one alive is likely to see another platinum jubilee. Its something different and like all Heritage railways we need every visitor going after Covid and the massive rises in costs just to stand still let alone improve things. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Yes it definitely looks too light, whereas Stagecoach seem to have a much better match on their buses

SN18 KNJ - Queen's Platinum Jubilee

Not Everyone's Cup Of Tea

A shame because in this video, Martin White the railway's Head of Engineering specifically mentions the trouble he's taken to match the paint with the official Jubilee shade.

• Like 4

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Andy Kirkham said:

Yes it definitely looks too light, whereas Stagecoach seem to have a much better match on their buses

SN18 KNJ - Queen's Platinum Jubilee

Not Everyone's Cup Of Tea

A shame because in this video, Martin White the railway's Head of Engineering specifically mentions the trouble he's taken to match the paint with the official Jubilee shade.

Judging by the vibrance of the buffer beam and depth of black on the smokebox, this looks over processed to me. The version in the video is different  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Phil Parker said:

Judging by the vibrance of the buffer beam and depth of black on the smokebox, this looks over processed to me. The version in the video is different  

The shot on the bridge was done with photoshop as the QE2 has not yet steamed this year.  It will be at the top end of the yard over gala so will be seen by everyone.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

I once returned after holidays to find the office I worked in had its walls painted a very similar shade to the loco. We were told a colleague had selected it.  Never found out who, but we did get used to it. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

The shot on the bridge was done with photoshop as the QE2 has not yet steamed this year.  It will be at the top end of the yard over gala so will be seen by everyone.

But people are judging the colour from it on here... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

It was announced today the the Severn Valley Railway announced that it is partnering with Hornby to produce a limited edition collector’s model of a locomotive with a very special royal connection.

“It’s a huge seal of approval that Hornby now want to reflect this bold move and we’re delighted to be working with such a prestigious partner. There’s already a huge amount of interest from visitors who want to see the ‘purple loco’ for themselves and we can’t wait to welcome them to the railway so they can travel behind it.”

Simon Kohler, Hornby’s marketing and product development director, said: “Hornby have had a strong relationship with the Severn Valley Railway for a number of years, and the opportunity to produce this model is the absolute pinnacle of our association.  We’re thrilled to be doing this, and are certain this will be a hit with model railway enthusiasts and collectors and also those who simply want to celebrate such a momentous event in royal history. On a personal level, I’m thrilled to be producing a model that’s not green or black, just for a change!”

Some have sold already, and the official naming ceremony will be on the 2nd of June at Kidderminster. 

To add as well that The SVR and Hornby will donate a proportion of the profits from the sale of ‘Elizabeth II’ to The Patron’s Fund, which supports the charitable organisations across the UK and the Commonwealth for which Her Majesty acts as a Patron.

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

It was announced today the the Severn Valley Railway announced that it is partnering with Hornby to produce a limited edition collector’s model of a locomotive with a very special royal connection.

“It’s a huge seal of approval that Hornby now want to reflect this bold move and we’re delighted to be working with such a prestigious partner. There’s already a huge amount of interest from visitors who want to see the ‘purple loco’ for themselves and we can’t wait to welcome them to the railway so they can travel behind it.”

Simon Kohler, Hornby’s marketing and product development director, said: “Hornby have had a strong relationship with the Severn Valley Railway for a number of years, and the opportunity to produce this model is the absolute pinnacle of our association.  We’re thrilled to be doing this, and are certain this will be a hit with model railway enthusiasts and collectors and also those who simply want to celebrate such a momentous event in royal history. On a personal level, I’m thrilled to be producing a model that’s not green or black, just for a change!”

Some have sold already, and the official naming ceremony will be on the 2nd of June at Kidderminster. 

To add as well that The SVR and Hornby will donate a proportion of the profits from the sale of ‘Elizabeth II’ to The Patron’s Fund, which supports the charitable organisations across the UK and the Commonwealth for which Her Majesty acts as a Patron.

Separate thread here 

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, rab said:

Separate thread here 

Odd as the press release was embargoed till midnight last night from what was said on Teams this morning, hence putting it on this one. 

Anyway its selling well 

Come and see it in action from the 2nd of June when it is officially named. 

• Like 1