If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hi from Brian

BrianFH

Hi, first post here. I was brought up close the GN-GE joint line, and can just remember the last steamers going through there. Model-wise it started with my brother’s old three-rail layout, which I played with more than him, until Dad sold it off due to space. At ten years old my parents bought me the Triang-Hornby freight set with the class 31 loco and seven wagons. Had one go at a layout in the shed, 6’6” x 3’10” but didn’t finish before going to college. 

I kept collecting stuff and remember when T-H’s Silver Seal range set a benchmark for performance, if not detail. 18 years ago had a second go, a 16’ long end-to-end in the garage, but this got frustrating as the car had to move out before I could access it. It was a good test-bed as I worked out how to use live-frog points and sectionalise the layout, and I had it all working a treat before a house move put the kibosh on the scenic side.

Now at the age of 60 I have started what will probably be my final attempt in a space 12’x12’ in the loft. After having a new roof fitted, I clad and insulated the rafters, fitted LED lights and now have a reasonable retreat. 90% of the track is laid, 50% of the wiring completed, and just about all of the stock I’ll need purchased.

you’ll see from the pictures, bare bones at the moment, and I don’t work very quickly, so there probably won’t be many updates. Haven’t even decided on a name for the layout yet.

3B6975FB-8B2D-4AB0-8629-EDD06A729AEC.jpeg

92373EA3-9311-4889-A352-1C6F251E3F22.jpeg

516EE7C7-174A-428E-85AE-4852A7F5B8B2.jpeg

• Like 2