Gaugemaster Collection - OO Scale Class 59 003 'Yeoman Highlander' GBRf

Gaugemaster Controls

gm4210201.jpg.334f90973d22a80c3021a61ca2ae1f8b.jpg

Gaugemaster are pleased to offer this locomotive in OO Scale for the first time, in both Analogue and DCC Smoke/Sound versions, as part of our GM Collection range of commissions.

Features

• Finely moulded body with many applied fine details
  • Printed name plates (Etched plates supplied separately)
  • Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
  • Heavy diecast chassis with all wheel pick up
  • NEM pockets as standard
  • Operating, independently controlled headlight and cab lights
  • Push/Pull and light engine modes for head and taillights
  • Day/Night headlamp selection
  • Independent cab lighting
  • Smoke Generator Factory Fitted (GM4210202 only)

Expected delivery Q1 2023

gm4210201-04.jpg.b3c72a15baa8d849191ecb326d60b82e.jpg

GM4210201 Class 59 003 'Yeoman Highlander' GBRf

£179.95

GM4210202 Class 59 003 'Yeoman Highlander' GBRf (DCC-Sound/Smoke)

£329.95

The video below shows 59 003 and 79 961 heading eastbound through Ford Station (next to Gaugemaster HQ) back in January 2021.

Prices correct at time of posting

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
On 17/02/2022 at 08:32, Gaugemaster Controls said:

Gaugemaster are pleased to offer this locomotive in OO Scale for the first time, in both Analogue and DCC Smoke/Sound versions, as part of our GM Collection range of commissions.

OK, so the smoke unit & decoder adds £150 to the price.  But will it be pukka diesel-coloured blue smoke that it produces ?

Papam habemus ?

Interesting video of the Snow & Ice Treatment Train although it doesn't appear to be emitting much smoke.

9 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

OK, so the smoke unit & decoder adds £150 to the price.  But will it be pukka diesel-coloured blue smoke that it produces ?

Papam habemus ?

Interesting video of the Snow & Ice Treatment Train although it doesn't appear to be emitting much smoke.

Diesel exhaust is personally subjective = from the sooty dark black from Alcos, to the dark of Sulzers, to the bluey grey of EE engines to the talc white of deltics.   I notice EMD 710s have more recently emitted more dark clag than when new.    

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 months later...
On 25/03/2023 at 18:17, dave56 said:

Any news on these coming into stock soon?

Just had an email from Hattons - “Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between January 2024 & March 2024”

not long to wait now then 🤣

6 hours ago, JerseyJon said:

Just had an email from Hattons - “Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between January 2024 & March 2024”

not long to wait now then 🤣

😂,yes I had an email as well. Only a year late.

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi all, 

Just to ask and confirm is this model just being produced in one livery in OO Gauge? This being the full Europorte livery with roundels on the bodysides and with Europorte logos as worn between circa early 2015 to March/April 2020? 

I ask because I would prefer to buy it in the revised/updated GBRf livery from when it was repainted in April/May 2020. This livery has the same Blue and Orange base colours but without the Europorte roundels on the ends of the bodysides and without Europorte logos and instead with the double lined GB Railfreight logos. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi all, 

Just to ask and confirm is this model just being produced in one livery in OO Gauge? This being the full Europorte livery with roundels on the bodysides and with Europorte logos as worn between circa early 2015 to March/April 2020? 

I ask because I would prefer to buy it in the revised/updated GBRf livery from when it was repainted in April/May 2020. This livery has the same Blue and Orange base colours but without the Europorte roundels on the ends of the bodysides and without Europorte logos and instead with the double lined GB Railfreight logos. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Agree but dont forget since November 2021 its been in Eastleigh works on jacks. Its only been recently seen on wheels again but not yet got out.

one wonders who ever was responsible for using it in drag racing at Salisbury has been paying the lost revenue bill.

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Agree but dont forget since November 2021 its been in Eastleigh works on jacks. Its only been recently seen on wheels again but not yet got out.

one wonders who ever was responsible for using it in drag racing at Salisbury has been paying the lost revenue bill.

Thank you for confirming that, it’s greatly appreciated. 

It’s such a coincidence you say that because in todays WNXX update it has confirmed that it has been released from the Works to the sidings near to the station. 

I can’t believe it’s been in the Works for almost two years since it became damaged at Salisbury. You’re right I bet GBRf are furious that it was used in such a way that damaged it so extensively resulting in it been out of traffic for almost two years. Put it this way when other locos and units have been used as rescue locos for whatever reason/purpose in the past I don’t recall them been so damaged that they have been out of traffic for so long afterwards. They certainly should be paying the bill, especially with it being GBRf’s sole 59 loco and they require it for the Eastleigh engineers trains. 

Are you still going to buy 59003 in its previous GBRf livery or will you wait to see if Dapol produce it in its current GBRf livery in the future? 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for confirming that, it’s greatly appreciated. 

It’s such a coincidence you say that because in todays WNXX update it has confirmed that it has been released from the Works to the sidings near to the station. 

I can’t believe it’s been in the Works for almost two years since it became damaged at Salisbury. You’re right I bet GBRf are furious that it was used in such a way that damaged it so extensively resulting in it been out of traffic for almost two years. Put it this way when other locos and units have been used as rescue locos for whatever reason/purpose in the past I don’t recall them been so damaged that they have been out of traffic for so long afterwards. They certainly should be paying the bill, especially with it being GBRf’s sole 59 loco and they require it for the Eastleigh engineers trains. 

Are you still going to buy 59003 in its previous GBRf livery or will you wait to see if Dapol produce it in its current GBRf livery in the future? 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

ive wanted it for too long i’ll take it as is, as its unknown how long it will be before its done again in the new livery.

it spent a lot of time in the months prior to Salisbury around Tonbridge on training turns.

i’m not sure it had a full repaint, more of a removing the Europorte symbols/semi circles.

iirc 59003 sounds slightly different to the others.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

ive wanted it for too long i’ll take it as is, as its unknown how long it will be before its done again in the new livery.

it spent a lot of time in the months prior to Salisbury around Tonbridge on training turns.

i’m not sure it had a full repaint, more of a removing the Europorte symbols/semi circles.

iirc 59003 sounds slightly different to the others.

I know what you mean and I’m tempted to buy it but I also have my eye on 59206 in Freightliner Orange & Black. I probably won’t be able to afford both what with everything else that’s arriving in the first quarter of 2024. 

So running it light engine regularly is prototypical. That’s good to hear because I wouldn’t necessarily need to have anything to run with it if I do but it. 

Just looking back at photos and it appears that the full loco was repainted in 2020. The Blue on the bodysides and Orange decals certainly look just as fresh as the cab ends. 

I wonder if Dapol have incorporated the accurate sounds into the model of 59003? It would be nice. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Gold

Yes 59003 is like that uncle no one in the family talks about.

black sheep of the fleet, it must have been down the wrong streets of Hamburg when it was in germany.

My plan is to run it with network rail ballast wagons and railtour stock… that kind of sums it up.

Maybe they should rename it Prince Andrew, he’s been in his works a few years and he sounds different to the rest of the royal fleet as well.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/09/2023 at 09:51, adb968008 said:

Yes 59003 is like that uncle no one in the family talks about.

black sheep of the fleet, it must have been down the wrong streets of Hamburg when it was in germany.

My plan is to run it with network rail ballast wagons and railtour stock… that kind of sums it up.

Maybe they should rename it Prince Andrew, he’s been in his works a few years and he sounds different to the rest of the royal fleet as well.

It’s not until more recently I have learned just how different 59003 is to the rest of the fleet. It’s the only one to have operated in Germany, the only GBRf 59, a different lighting arrangement, it sounds different to the others and I’m sure it has detailing differences compared to the others too. 

I have some Dapol Yellow JNAs and IOAs so I could run it with those. Whether that’s entirely prototypical or not I’m not sure. 

Yes he is definitely different, most likely so much more that he probably has more differences than 59003. 

Rumours are suggesting that there are different ideas as to the future use of 59003, so I guess we will have to wait and see what it gets up to. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• 1 month later...

When 59003 gained the revised livery (post Europorte) only the orange was repainted. The GBRf text and orange numbers are paint not stickers, so these were masked and painted too. Up close in person you can see one or two tiny areas where the original insipid sandy orange colour is visible on a corner or a letter or number.

Jo

• Agree 1