Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

On 26/04/2022 at 10:02, XChris said:

@brushman47544 at the end of the day it’s also interesting to hear about variations such as your 31135 with yellow cab window surrounds, it actually lead me to go find some photos of it. It’s an interest thing that loco looked like that but is well away from my era but nice to see it anyway! 

As I've mentioned on another thread ('Class 31 photos' I think so I'll keep this brief) all Class 31s in Bfye and for that matter Gfye liveries should have had the yellow wraparounds as the design had the required "recessed area around the cab side windows". As such they were more qualified for the treatment than Classes 47 & 50. Even the BRCW trio only had beading! Why Doncaster never painted them this way in 20 years of Bfye livery is a mystery.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

As I've mentioned on another thread ('Class 31 photos' I think so I'll keep this brief) all Class 31s in Bfye and for that matter Gfye liveries should have had the yellow wraparounds as the design had the required "recessed area around the cab side windows". As such they were more qualified for the treatment than Classes 47 & 50. Even the BRCW trio only had beading! Why Doncaster never painted them this way in 20 years of Bfye livery is a mystery.

31185 does look good like that, so I would be tempted to go for a model if it was to appear in a future production run.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Eddie the dog said:

Any plans to produce in BR RTC Grey & Red ?

I would guess that this would be pretty likely given how quickly the coaches sold out! I would certainly be wanting one to accompany the coaches that I've pre-ordered! Obviously at the end of the day, all down to AS to decide of course!

Edited by mudmagnet
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mudmagnet said:

I would guess that this would be pretty likely given how quickly the coaches sold out! I would certainly be wanting one to accompany the coaches that I've pre-ordered! Obviously at the end of the day, all down to AS to decide of course!

Surely the blue and red would be a better match for the coaches, maybe AS will do two options .

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Surely the blue and red would be a better match for the coaches, maybe AS will do two options .

I do not think the 31 ever had the blue and red scheme. The 24 and 46 did.

• Agree 4

10 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

I do not think the 31 ever had the blue and red scheme. The 24 and 46 did.

That is indeed a shame. Im aware the 24 did and i have an SLW that will fit the bill but an AS class 31 RTC will adorn the layout as well  

Edited by Krieghoff
spelling

• RMweb Gold

Two 31’s carried research livery.. 

97203 didnt last long however and was replaced by 97204

Ive a picture of 97203 on the scrap line at Crewe shortly after catching fire.

Dont forget 31413 Severn Valley Railway in this list. The ice cream van as it was dubbed was a regular duff 31 on the Blackpool, Southport and Barrows for a few years.

D5583 Stratford Major Depot was another popular celebrity on the circuit…. And 31116, but lets not go there..

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Two 31’s carried research livery.. 

97203 didnt last long however and was replaced by 97204

Ive a picture of 97203 on the scrap line at Crewe shortly after catching fire.

Dont forget 31413 Severn Valley Railway in this list. The ice cream van as it was dubbed was a regular duff 31 on the Blackpool, Southport and Barrows for a few years.

D5583 Stratford Major Depot was another popular celebrity on the circuit…. And 31116, but lets not go there..

I'm amazed Hornby never did 31413. It would be bound to be a great seller and an AS one would be very welcome

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, GordonC said:

I'm amazed Hornby never did 31413. It would be bound to be a great seller and an AS one would be very welcome

What we have not seen yet (or I have missed) is some Retailer exclusive 31s. I am sure some will appear in due course, and these one-off liveries are ideal to be picked up by them.

Of course, a yellow 31 for an Accurascale exclusive 31 seems appropriate.

Roy 

• RMweb Premium

31413 is one I’d be very much interested in. Not at all the right for era for me but my adopted Grandad had the Lima model when I was a kid. Hits right in the nostalgia spot for me, I’d be on it like a shot. 

On 31/05/2022 at 12:52, Northmoor MPD said:

I'm just looking forward to the yellow one appearing! 

Judging by the Accurascale website we should defiantly see one 😀

image.png.94092e0068fee991ccae1311d3e1f3fc.png

I trust they will stick to being accurate and use:

1.  Ultra-violet LED's for some of the front mounted lights

2.  The front observation camera will really work for a remote, realistic in-cab experience

3.  The camera can be cleaned with a moving windscreen wiper

Now, I would normally be joking about 2 and 3 but 2 has become quite the 'thing' for some modelers but 3... yes, but we are talking Accurascale here... 😃

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2