Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Brilliant!!!! Pre TOPs green and Blue unrefurbished sound fitted for us…. Trying to pay deposits but web site churning!

Must be more popular than SWMBOs shortbread…. ;)

Web site still churning but have had emails to say order received … woo hoo! Many thanks 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, E100 said:

Look forward to seeing these at MRS. I assume the flange squeal sensor is based on rotation of the bogie assembly. A really 2022 touch. Superb price too. 

Can anyone convince me they were regular visitors to either the far north line or west highland line during 1960's-1980's?

The RTC livery will be a top seller when that comes out.

D5511 was indeed at Inverness for 2 months, July - September 1958, it was trialled on all lines, and several pictures exist, including a breakdown train working.

heres D5511 at Wick.

1716 45453+D5511 Ist Diesel on trial Highland line Wick MPD 06-08-58 (FW Hampson) 539

(not my image/flickr)

D5862 / 31327 (Formerly Phillips Imperial) has also been at Strathspey nearly 20 years.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, 97403_Ixion said:

... and several Diesel Hydraulics were also Swindon built too!!!

I am so pleased the flange squeal is to be linked to curves for automatic sounding - always thought this was overdue by someone... great to see it being included now - so, well done Accurascale for doing so.

Will the sound equipped options/prices be added soon?

Cheers,

Ixion.

Hi Ixion,

I've just been reminded that our 37s have the flange squeal sensors too, Doh! So, this will be the second loco after our 37! 

Sound prices are £269.99 and can be pre-ordered on the website. We do not as yet have a sound solution for the Mirrlees powered locos, but if we solve that riddle we will offer sound variants for it too.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

D5511 was indeed at Inverness for 2 months, July - September 1958, it was trialled on all lines, and several pictures exist, including a breakdown train working.

heres D5511 at Wick.

1716 45453+D5511 Ist Diesel on trial Highland line Wick MPD 06-08-58 (FW Hampson) 539

(not my image/flickr)

D5862 / 31327 (Formerly Phillips Imperial) has also been at Strathspey nearly 20 years.

Well I may hold out for a second batch of with the skinheads... ...D5511 could be good example to help justify rule 1 for me :P @Accurascale Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Really well done to Accurascale .  This looks to be a highly detailed model . It will have a working fan (presumably in DCC only) . So an upgade on an already impressively specificied Deltic and 37 and yet still £169.99.   An impressive product at an impressive price . Others that are chucking up prices should take note .    These guys are a breath of fresh air .

• Agree 10

Well, Hornby can't grumble. They had their chance and blew it with their slabby effort. 

A little disappointed that none of 34B/34G's are in the first run, but maybe that's Accurascale

being considerate about folks' finances in view of the imminent Deltics.

The Nim.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Legend said:

Really well done to Accurascale .  This looks to be a highly detailed model . It will have a working fan (presumably in DCC only) . So an upgade on an already impressively specificied Deltic and 37 and yet still £169.99.   An impressive product at an impressive price . Others that are chucking up prices should take note .    These guys are a breath of fresh air .

Fans will work on both DC and DCC :)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's definitely too late in the morning. I read this as FRANS will work on both DC and DCC.

Actually, are the Accurascale team DCC compatible?

• Funny 5

Fantastic News

a vote for a green and a blue High Dyke version please :)

D5672 - David F Photo 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_11_2009/post-5613-12571065384558_thumb.jpg

and D5671 - David F Photo 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_11_2009/post-5613-1257106590609.jpg

Any indication of how long to wait for the High Dyke locos...? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

... We do not as yet have a sound solution for the Mirrlees powered locos, but if we solve that riddle we will offer sound variants for it too.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran

Kudos for not yet marketing a sound version Class 30 with the wrong engine sound....  But now I'm intrigued by "if we solve the riddle we will offer sound variants for it too" part of your reply to Ixion.

Please spill the beans :)

• Like 1

18 years of waiting for Hornby to release an original Railfreight liveried version and a white-striped 31/4 are over at last. No more Hornby 31s for me now. What a difference in attitude there is between Hornby and Accurascale in covering liveries and making the most of tooling. 

I'm tempted by a white stripe 31/4, but will also look forward to a headcode-fitted original Railfreight version and a standard headcode-fitted blue 31/1 in the future. Not to mention a coal sector one and maybe a petroleum one (or two) as well.

They're not really must-haves for Scottish-based layouts, but these look like they're going to be too much to resist. I have seen a photo of a 31 parked at Haymarket though and they were sometimes used on Edinburgh - Newcastle services too.

Nice one Accurascale. As other have said, so much for cutting down on my modelling budget.

• Like 7
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran

A little question, you have told us about all the lights, various noises and whirly fans but for us Luddites who do not require such items do they go backwards and the other way? If they do will they be prototypically limited to a snail's pace?

And why aren't you doing D5835?

My scratchbuilt Brush 2 was numbered D5835, this bloke at a show told me it was wrong as it didn't have the extra grilles. The photo I had of it didn't show the extra grilles. Then one day I found a photo with the additional air intakes. The scratchbuilt model was renumbered and I added the grilles to a Tri-ang one, on both sides. Only to find out they were only on one side. Had I know that when the bloke mentioned it didn't have the extra grilles I could have told him they were on the other side which he couldn't see. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Thanks Accurascale, this is the one (ok one of!) I’ve been waiting for!

Looking forward to lots of versions suitable for mid to late 80s - especially 31/4s for the South Trans-Pennines! 

31110 is perfect time wise, but I think I’m right that 31409 with white stripe is a little early for this period (unless you can do it with a droopy cab at one end?!) and 31432 is a little late, seemingly not getting its headlight until 1991, so I think that’s more Regional Railways era than Provincial? (if Flickr can be trusted!!)

That said I’ll be getting them anyway as they do look fabulous and you guys deserve the support for bringing out these top notch models at really competitive pricing. :-)

Edited by Global
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant choice, just goes to show with listening to the people and having foresight what can be done, I just wish that other manufacturers would also view pre tops blue as an essential livery. So you know what I’m ordering then. Would love a Toffee Apple OOC blue pre tops some time :yahoo:

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We understand that one Rich. What we do say is that it's not always about fleet replacement, but about your next Class 31. So, obviously we would love that to be one of ours. 

Well, another way you could look at it is...

Deltic - EE

Class 92 - Brush

Class 37 - EE

Class 31 - Brush....

Of course, we have Swindon love in there too with the Manor!

Cheers!

Fran 

I’m actually working on two at the minute. A Hornby 31 superdetail re-chassis and superdetailing a Lima 31. But with such limited modelling time available, buying a fully accurate 31 like your offering would make life easier. So pretty sure my next new 31 will be Accurascale, (ideally probably 4 RF large logo, BR Blue 31/4 refurb, BR mainline, BR Dutch). 

I think some cash flow forecasting for 22/23 and 23/24 financial years is in order…

Indeed a friend will be no doubt ordering a BR Blue 31 unrefurbished with P4 to go with this Class 37 001. 

Edited by richierich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1