Heljan Class 26 with headlights - OO

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
On 25/02/2022 at 12:54, sulzer71 said:

I now have to now make the decision of what to do with my stack of 26s , I've been collecting them over the last couple of years but still don't have a layout to run them on , I have also been accumulating a stack of parts for improving them such as etched grilles/laserglaze etc but now I'm thinking that much better versions are down the line so to speak so do I sell mine off and use the finances to actually crack on with the layout build and look forward to getting my hands on these eventually 

Wait until you see the price tag, then decide.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2022 at 23:22, jools1959 said:

Did the headlight fitted Class 26’s run together with headlight fitted Inverness Class 24/1’s?

Probably not , I have found no evidence of it as I believe the 24s were gone by the time headlights got fitted to the 26s

Edited by sulzer71
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

FMCCS452 24120 Inverness

(flickr url not mine)

its a 24, with a 26 that has lights, looks like the 24 just lost its lights.

(which is what I was lead to understand, the 24’s had lights removed and fitted to 26’s).

25th October 1975 and 15th November 1975 seem to be the key dates when the transition took place at Inverness between classes 24 and 26.

Certainly some 24/1’s still had headlights in 1976 as they went for scrap. And some 26’s (like above ) had headlights in 1976.

So its highly possible paths crossed, lower down (Glasgow/ Edinburgh & Inverness), but not for long, maybe a few months of 1976 as many were stored.  Far North transition looks like it fell between those two dates in October/November 1975, and before the 26’s got Headlights.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Something of a daft question, but so far I‘ve only ever bought DCC Sound locos 2nd hand when analog wasn‘t available anymore. I‘m tempted to buy an Inverness Class 26 and am wondering what‘s the best way to a DCC model with sound. I see that Olivia‘s trains offer a DCC Sound option, is there also a way to get a ready-to-run model with Legoman Biffo sound (of which I read great reviews)? As I live outside of the UK, ordering an analog model and then sending it in to have DCC fitted isn‘t much of an option…

Many thanks for your advice

Christian

1 hour ago, chb2488 said:

Something of a daft question, but so far I‘ve only ever bought DCC Sound locos 2nd hand when analog wasn‘t available anymore. I‘m tempted to buy an Inverness Class 26 and am wondering what‘s the best way to a DCC model with sound. I see that Olivia‘s trains offer a DCC Sound option, is there also a way to get a ready-to-run model with Legoman Biffo sound (of which I read great reviews)? As I live outside of the UK, ordering an analog model and then sending it in to have DCC fitted isn‘t much of an option…

Many thanks for your advice

Christian

The Model Centre (TMC) offer a sound fitting service where you can usually chose LegomanBiffo sounds. I can recommend TMC  from whom you can pre-order.  Here is my Inverness 26032 in action with Legomanbiffo sound. I love it.

https://www.themodelcentre.com/hel2625

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, alastairb said:

Update from Rails at https://railsofsheffield.com/blogs/news/Heljan-showcase-oo-class-26-deco-samples

Look nice, albeit no update on when delivery is expected 

A wide variety of new releases are expected in Q3 2024 catering for BR green, BR blue, Railfreight and Civil Engineers examples with many detail and livery variations.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Peter749 said:

A wide variety of new releases are expected in Q3 2024 catering for BR green, BR blue, Railfreight and Civil Engineers examples with many detail and livery variations.

Thanks I didnt spot that bit