Revolution Trains announce Class 175 'Coradia' and Class 180 'Adelante' DMUs in N & OO Gauge.

AY Mod

5 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

175008 in First North Western livery, named Valhalla, would be nice, please.

Ah forgot about the FNW names! I remember 'Coronation Street Rovers Return' and 'Mum'.

ATW also names 175003 'Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru'.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Cannot find any photos on Google....Was it just a name or combined with graphics?  The Valhalla Corgi Tram was very nice.

It was named Valhalla in November of the year 2000. It was later renamed Valhalla Blackpool Pleasure Beach, not sure when. The name was removed in 2006. As far as I'm aware the name was just a sticker.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

It was named Valhalla in November of the year 2000. It was later renamed Valhalla Blackpool Pleasure Beach, not sure when. The name was removed in 2006. As far as I'm aware the name was just a sticker.

Seems to be a bit of an odd one, very few photos seem to exist of it named but you can just about make out something over the first window in this one. 

DC200431.   175008   Warrington  BQ.   03-04-03. 014

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just wondering if your deciding on what livery options there will be for the 180.  As I model between Sleaford and Boston, I hope you decide to include EMR’s 180’s along with the others,

• RMweb Gold

Just spotted this thread. Totally out of my particular era, but I always thought this was a gap in the RTR market. I reckon these will sell like hot cakes, and I look forward to seeing them on people’s layouts soon.

• Agree 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 09/08/2022 at 23:14, Revolution Ben said:

They'll be opened independently.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Just seen the price on the 180, which is what I expected it to be, but as I model in OO, do you think the price will be comparable to the N gauge version, or are we talking a big difference?  I'm very aware that you can't say for certain, but I'd like to budget for at least one.

That’s good to know. I wouldn’t be ordering one if it were the same. I noticed someone at TINGSS studying the underside of the 313 to check the same. A little annoyed that the staff on the stand decided to laugh at this. Those of us who have been dismayed at the couplings on the 321 certainly don’t find it a laughing matter…

David 

For those that want a shortcut: https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product-category/pre-order/ngauge/

N scale isn't for me, but when OO opens, my money is here waiting.

Glad you added FGW "Dynamic Lines" to the options as this (if I remember correctly, completes the set of liveries this unit has had).

Can I ask who will provide the sounds for these units?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Will these just be exclusive to Revolution or will the trade get them also?

Hi there,

We offer most of our models to the trade but sometimes the economics don't stack up.  For example, I estimate that the 3-car 175 would be £400+ when the retailer margin is included.

This is because we tend to offer 'niche' models and production quantities are significantly lower than would be for a more standard item.  This means the 'fixed' costs of tooling, setting up production, research, CAD, packaging design etc are spread across far fewer models.

We often discuss this with people we see at shows, but I get the sense that few modellers (myself included, until we started Revolution) grasp just what a fundamental role production quantities play in the pricing of model trains.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the OO Gauge ones. Although I’m not sure my bank balance will enjoy it! As someone else has asked, do we know who’s doing the sound chips and or file for them. I’m assuming this is not an urgent thing or might not have been finalised yet due to how long they are away from being finished?

Cheers, looking forward to OO gauge updates!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, XChris said:

Looking forward to the OO Gauge ones. Although I’m not sure my bank balance will enjoy it! As someone else has asked, do we know who’s doing the sound chips and or file for them. I’m assuming this is not an urgent thing or might not have been finalised yet due to how long they are away from being finished?

Cheers, looking forward to OO gauge updates!

Hi there,

We have used Legomanbiffo for our sound projects in the past, with ESU support, and at the moment see no reason to change those arrangements.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1