Revolution goes nuclear - again!

AY Mod

Think we can all expect the Bachmann collectors club FNAs to stop clearing £100 to get a more modern approximation now. 

... Pain in the backside for me though. I was using the lack of a modern flask to justify not grabbing the accurascale 37s / Dapol 68s and taking the layout back to the ubiquitous DRS shed. Think these might tip me over, especially with the low level waste wagons being so well handled. 

1 hour ago, RPNaylor0301 said:

Think we can all expect the Bachmann collectors club FNAs to stop clearing £100 to get a more modern approximation now. 

... Pain in the backside for me though. I was using the lack of a modern flask to justify not grabbing the accurascale 37s / Dapol 68s and taking the layout back to the ubiquitous DRS shed. Think these might tip me over, especially with the low level waste wagons being so well handled. 

You'll have to get your orders in quick then, given by Mick's post he's likely to be buying all of them :lol:

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, RPNaylor0301 said:

I never thought that was why it was in demand TBH. It's no nearer an approximation than the normal release ones, still wrong shape and wrong colour!

I always thought it was for collectors or people wanting a model of the actual wagon when it was that colour.

4 hours ago, RPNaylor0301 said:

You're probably right. I'm just a lil' steamed because I always fancied one but could never justify the ebay prices. 

Wishful thinking... Although I think I'm far more interested in the FNA-D

Well if you're interested in present day the D is the only one of interest. I think the DRD coloured one was only that colour for a few years (about 15 years ago) and so isn't very relevant at all to present day, less so than the normal colored examples from Bachmann.

But yes, if they were anything like the £25 they were new nowadays I'd have one because I liked it. Unfortunately I was out of the hobby when these came about.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/06/2022 at 16:42, TomScrut said:

Schrödinger's Flask?

Isn't that the thought experiment where you can't tell if the flask is loaded or not?

Ian_B

Edited by Ian_B

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, JackB95 said:

Given that Accurascale have announced exactly the same thing, is this project now being worked on by Accura, or is it another duplicate product? Obviously your announcement was first, but I lose track of things. 

No, it is a separate announcement and we’re expecting samples by Warley. 

cheers Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/10/2022 at 00:56, Revolution Mike said:

cheers Mike

Will yours be available as single wagons Mike? (asking for  friend..)

• Like 2

On 09/10/2022 at 00:56, Revolution Mike said:

cheers Mike

When might the order book be opening? I definitely want at least one of these wagons, I am just wondering when I will be able to decide which bed to lie in as such!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

Will yours be available as single wagons Mike? (asking for  friend..)

Yes, they will be available in a selection of singles. 

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

When might the order book be opening? I definitely want at least one of these wagons, I am just wondering when I will be able to decide which bed to lie in as such!

We had been planning to open the order book with samples in a few weeks but in light of recent developments we will almost certainly open our order book earlier. 

cheers Mike

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all

Thanks for your patience - when we announced the FNA-Ds in February we never anticipated that it would take this long to get the first samples, but we're pleased to announce that the factory has finished the EP samples and that we've opened our order book - you can order direct from us or from any of our retailers all at the same excellent price of £32.95 per wagon (sold in singles).

Here are a couple of pictures of the samples - I'm just updating our website with more details:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Details of the N gauge version (which is in tooling) will follow over the next week or so.

We're very grateful to DRS/NTS who have helped us massively with the development and licensing for this model.

Cheers Mike

Edited by Revolution Mike
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

Will these have working tail lights as well? 

cheers Craig 

Hi there,

No.  Each wagon is supplied with a scale tail lamp but it is a cosmetic non-working accessory.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

"Revolution is offering eight differently numbered models: 11 70 9229 001, 005, 006, 010, 014, 018, 023 and 031. These feature prototypical variations in lettering and application of hazard warnings; and model 006 has the hazard panels left blank to represent a wagon running unloaded on delivery or as a spare/support wagon in the consist, as is frequently observed."

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/news/first-look-fna-d-nuclear-flasks-from-revolution-trains

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The 4mm FNA-D decorated samples look particularly tasty.

https://us8.campaign-archive.com/?u=f24e36cafcafabf07d09722c1&id=d59a908322

Not totally relevant for my Deadmans Lane layout, although there is a faint possibility that a delivery run from WH Davis was diverted via Toton/Long Eaton/Derby.... passing the RTC site on the way.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1