Highland Railway 'Jones Goods' 4-6-0 in 00

rapidoandy

9 hours ago, E100 said:

With the recent 812 as well being rather successful there should be the clear market.

Ditto.  There appears to be enough draw in the Scottish market to justify a Scottish pre-grouping locomotive release every 2-3 years, but we really need rolling stock with them too.

The Caley Coaches, due to their repaint and use on BR(Sc) railtours and eventual use in SRPS ownership (or to even include the Bluebell ownership era of one coach), give a wide scope for use on on many eras of model railways.

Modelling the Caley as it was pre 1923?  Done.

Want to put them behind a Black 5, Fairburn, Ivatt 2MT or Standard Tank cushioned between them and maroons as the late 50s and early 60s?  Sorted.

The Glasgow Four, ideal for the impending Jones and no doubt further releases.  Naturally Caley 123 would be a logical step to get the juices flowing with these carriages.

Want to stick them behind BR Green diesels?  It happened.  Even blue....

Moving onwards, Maude's trip over the S&C?  Almost iconic in the telling of the Rainhill celebrations itself.

And then lastly onto near present day, seen behind No. 419 regularly and No. 828 in 2018.  The former can't be far away from a tooling either.

Sum that up, whoever wins the race to release an accurate representation of these two coaches will see no shortage of demand.  There's an excuse for most eras of Scottish modelling as presented above, and even outside of Scotland there will be modellers interested in the occasions they ventured over the border.

And I haven't even mentioned LMS liveries!

If a rather niche coach like the LNER dynamometer car can find enough reasons for a second run, then the above is a no brainer really.

• Like 6
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, JonathonAG said:

And then lastly onto near present day, seen behind No. 419 regularly and No. 828 in 2018.  The former can't be far away from a tooling either.

I would happily chuck my dwindling cash reserves at a 439 

• Agree 3

16 hours ago, shunny said:

Are we getting the preserved Caley coaches to go with it next? 

Of course we are. Because not only are the RTR manufacturers working through my DJH (and others)  to-do list, those were amongst the few items on it I actually ruddy finished ! 

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

2 hours ago, Wheatley said:

Of course we are. Because not only are the RTR manufacturers working through my DJH (and others)  to-do list, those were amongst the few items on it I actually ruddy finished ! 

In that case can you hurry up and build a model of the Caley 419 at Bo'ness thanks🤣

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 06/08/2022 at 08:57, Dunsignalling said:

A certain gentleman based in Margate may well be turning purple at the thought..🥵.  

Those Hornby models are ancient and do not stand up at all alongside something like the Bachmann 812. A Caley 123 to the same standard as the Stirling Single would be amazing. And coaches to modern standards. I would certainly buy a 123 and pair of coaches. And 419 if that's made too.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Those Hornby models are ancient and do not stand up at all alongside something like the Bachmann 812. A Caley 123 to the same standard as the Stirling Single would be amazing. And coaches to modern standards. I would certainly buy a 123 and pair of coaches. And 419 if that's made too.  

The same point could have been made about the Terrier...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/08/2022 at 12:54, Nile said:

That photo nicely shows the join along the top of the boiler cladding. No more moaning about mould lines please.

That cladding looks a bit adhoc…

on the firebox, the left side seems toline under the right, the first barrel looks aligned, but look at the gap under the dome on the right side….

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

That cladding looks a bit adhoc…

on the firebox, the left side seems toline under the right, the first barrel looks aligned, but look at the gap under the dome on the right side….

Do that on a model, and the "everything was immaculate until BR ruined it" brigade would tear you to shreds. 😇

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Seen an item in this Month`s RM suggesting a BR what if in lined black 57925- last one in LMS terms as 17925. Will keep Ben Alder on here happy I am sure.  

Robert  

It'll only get made if people who want to buy it put their name down on the expressions of interest form at the bottom of this page:
https://rapidotrains.co.uk/highland-railway-jones-goods-4-6-0/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well that will be good as I am sure BA will order several!! And I am sure if like the What - if APT e sells then it will be another winner .  Rapido also showing an N gauge class 44 peak in many colours - well green and blue noting it is a 3 peaks challenge/project. So defo broke now. 

Robert 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 26/11/2022 at 11:52, Bon Accord said:

Just wondering if Rapido had any samples or suchlike of this model at Warley?

Nothing beyond the engineering sample that was shown when this project launched. I think they said they plan to have further samples in the new year. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Nothing beyond the engineering sample that was shown when this project launched. I think they said they plan to have further samples in the new year. 

They should have samples at Model Rail Scotland.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...