Severn Valley Railway webcams

AY Mod

4 minutes ago, KingEdwardII said:

Indeed - very unusual. Any idea what the freight (?) train in grey is all about?

Yours, Mike.

@big jim is here tomorrow, I suspect he will be involved in whatever it does - it's either a treatment train or a weedkiller.  Seem to recall seeing it at Bescot in pics here on RMWeb

• RMweb Gold

I believe the train is marshalled in Kidderminster now so I’ll just pick it up there from the exchange line and take it to kings norton where I’ll leave 2 sets then take the 3rd to bescot 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Railfreight1998 said:

One of the new 'smart weedkilling system' trains, currently undergoing testing

Smart has obviously been downgraded since my yoof. Not a jacket or tie in sight :(

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Anyone know what' happening with the footbridge at the south end of the station?

What was there has been completely demolished and the SVR track is obstructed by work going on.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Anyone know what' happening with the footbridge at the south end of the station?

What was there has been completely demolished and the SVR track is obstructed by work going on.

The footbridge was life expired. Network Rail are putting in a replacement for which the abutments are now being built for the new one. The new bridge will not be lifted in till sometime in May as part of an overnight possession by NR. This is due to a lineside cabinet on the NR side needing to be relocated.  SVR lines will be clear in time for the SVR to reopen. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Yes, its the end of the path at the end of the headshunt at Bridgnorth. Standing on the wall is probably not the best idea, but people have been doing that for decades, having done that about 35 years ago the first time I turned up there. 

It was lovely this evening sitting at my sons Taekwondo session to hear number 7's chime down in at the station, one of the joys of living here.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...