New Monckton Colliery Layout - Stage 1.

ricke8

I built this OO gauge layout some years ago. It was to be the first of 3 scenic boards, but now I'm too old I fear and I don't have room to begin the next scenic board. The layout is modelled on the New Monckton Colliery near Barnsley, circa 1937, and built to a decent standard, though I say so myself. This layout is the colliery yard, with the Gasworks and Empty sidings/Brickworks to be started, also runaround and fiddle board. Its 19 inches x 49 inches, and has demountable legs.

Happy for it to go free to a good home, although I would need to charge for the readily saleable items e.g. locos, stock, controller, etc. It would need to be collected from my home in Leeds.

There are a few pics below, also a faint pic of the track plan. I've got loads of historic details, drawings, and a photo archive from the Royston History Society, plus various spares, tools and modelling materials.

Anyone out there interested in taking this on?

IMG_20191120_162608279.jpg

IMG_20191120_162132785.jpg

IMG_20200312_173829424.jpg

IMG_20191120_161934791.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Yeah, once you've got collieries, they get under your skin. The plan pictured is for the built layout. I've got sketch plans for the remainder but they will need working up into working drawings. Message me if you're interested.