Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold members only.

Brunel station building 4mm by Grahame Hitchen ('bgman') - BIDDING NOW CLOSED

• RMweb Gold

As part of the process of disposing of Grahame Hitchen's (''bgman') model railway effects, I will be advertising a number of his models via this part of RMWeb and with my grateful thanks to Andy York for facilitating this.

This exquisite model is what appears to be a completely scratchbuilt Brunel-design station building in 4mm scale, seemingly in plasticard, built by Grahame. 

20220223_115515.jpg.8bd6178ff6c661ee92b601d28020c95c.jpg

20220223_115533.jpg.11c6f865981674bc40073fed1995c707.jpg20220223_115543.jpg.d9080416daeb050c1cdaa1cdee49a5b2.jpg

With Andy's agreement, I wish to try this and subsequent sales by the 'sealed big' method. The team selling Grahame's effects will have a reserve price in mind and anyone who would like to bid for this should send their bid to me via a PM, please. I would plan for the bidding to last one week and I would seek to evaluate bids by 6pm on Friday 18th March next.

Reserve prices notwithstanding, I would like suggest that the bidding for this item starts at £50, please.

We have chosen to sell this and other items in this way (rather than via EBay, for example) in order to give Grahame's friends the opportunity  to acquire some of his models.

If you wish to send in a bid, please entitle the PM 'Grahame Hitchen 4mm Brunel station building'. I won't respond to PMs that are just bids (you will be able to see whether I have read it!), but if you have a query about this or any other item, please include that in the PM and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as I can.

Please also bear in mind that the majority of items being sold on here may still be at Grahame's former residence, so a detailed response may take a day or so, depending on when we are next due to be there.

Many thanks.

This item is now sold, many thanks.

Edited by Captain Kernow
Bidding extended to 18th March.
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• Captain Kernow changed the title to Brunel station building 4mm by Grahame Hitchen ('bgman') - BIDDING NOW CLOSED