A Job Lot of Horby Clockwork O Gauge

An old friend turned up yesterday with this little lot.  It had belonged to his sister-in-law's father who passed away recently.  It was found in a box in the loft (along with a large collection of railway tickets which were binned/recycled as they were only a load of bits of cardboard...............:bo_mini:).  As well as the items shown there are a further 6 points making 10 in total and a quantity of plain track and a load of connectors.

Any idea of a rough value these days?  Several of the items are boxed and in quite good condition.   Some paperwork is included and a couple of packs of lamps and a key.  There was a train set box but it had deteriorated to such an extent that it also was 'recycled'.

Any monies raised from a sale will go to the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway which my friend is a long term member of.

848636463_BryansHornby.A.jpg.d1c412e8e3e300b04271ce7db5b6c633.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just checking why there is a shortage of replies and realised the photo I posted has gone with all the others.  Here it is again -

364555787_BryansHornby.A.jpg.afa6e9ad4d08af025ddaeedaf8932de1.jpg

All replies will be gratefully received!

• Like 2

I would go on ebay, type in what you have and go to "sold" listings. Click on lowest price and then add their p+p and you will have an idea of the current value. As an aside, I have seen mint, boxed Hornby, 0 gauge, train sets at shows in the £40-60 mark recently and boxed wagons for £10+. Good luck.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a great deal of postwar Hornby about, so condition makes a huge difference to price.

Mike Delaney is a good guide to the upper/top prices realisable, because as a highly respected dealer who only stocks stuff in really good nick that is what he charges. https://vintagehornby.net

Even if this material is in absolutely tip-top order, you are unlikely to be able to sell at more than say 90% what MD advertises at.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1