Paint matching RTR BR Crimson

So as I've said before I've been working on a few projects while I've been unable to continue working on Eastburn and one of these has been the Leeds to Glasgow At Enoch express. Researching this proved a pain in the backside as even official documents couldn't agree entirely on the formation for this train so in the end I settled for something in the middle of all options.

I initially started this before I moved into building my own passenger rolling stock so it is made up of mostly modern RTR offerings. Unfortunately the dining section for this train is not available RTR and most likely never will be so im going to have to make them. This is where the problem has now occurred in that the model manufacturers version of Crimson in particular is quite different to the paint manufacturers interpretation.

PXL_20220306_171738600.jpg.18140b862daa8be7bdb117ab19603ac0.jpg

Now I know there was significant variation in this livery however the difference between the RTR models and available paints is too drastic to my eyes for them to be mixed into the same rake. So what I'm looking for is any recommendations for paints that will match the existing RTR stock because I don't plan to have to redo the entire rake when the quality of the models is as good as they are.

I am aware that most RTR models Crimson is too dark and I don't want to get into a discussion about what is accurate I just want to be able to match what I already have.

Edited by Aire Head
  • Like 2

• Aire Head changed the title to Paint matching RTR BR Crimson