Printing off pages from digital magazines

GreenDiesel

I've obtained access to a number of railway magazines via Magzter, which is great. Only problem is that it seems I can only read them from my computer (or ipad if I were to use that). I'd like to print off pages to read later but I can't get the print function to work as the print preview is blank. Is there are way to print these or am I limited to online/on-screen use only? I still like holding printed papers in my hand to read, rather than staring at a screen.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if it would work for whole pages (possibly 1 page on a 2-page view?) but I did some screen shots of something I wanted to keep as a hard copy from a digital mag yesterday..

Chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I don't know if it would work for whole pages (possibly 1 page on a 2-page view?) but I did some screen shots of something I wanted to keep as a hard copy from a digital mag yesterday..

Chris

Yes, thanks... I think this would work and I've done it with an online book I had. Only downside is that it's slow and tedious.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to print off a full copy of a UK magazine , it seems Exact Editions and other UK digital publishers ' software only allows you to print page by page or at best a doulble spread. Model Railroad Hobbyist - a USA digital publication - allows you to print an entire " magazine"as does the Layout design SIG and the Operations S IG.

I have had digital subscriptions to BRM and Model Rail , but am not renewing because of not being able to print a full copy in one go. Pity

• RMweb Gold

I printed some pages a while ago, from Railway Modeller archive. It was a track plan, but as I don`t have Wi-fi in the shed yet I had little option. I found the required page, so it was on screen as a single page. Then right click and from the drop down menu, clicked " save image as".  I could then print the page off, as I only needed the plan I just printed it in black & white, but it can be printed in full colour. Hope this is of some help. By the way, I did this on a Desktop PC.

• Like 1