Robin Reliant Van

Darius43

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

The original had a roof rack.

Cheers

Darius

Interesting, I had a saloon version years ago (between passing my full bike test but not yet the car test) - memory was the roof was fibreglass but it is well over forty plus  about 50 years back  now so memory fade probably.

Edited by john new
Just realised just how far back in time it was!!
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I always thought that the key ring model that was sold by Marks and Spencer was a better model. It was spot on dimension wise, the Oxford model is too short in the bonnet area giving it a stubby appearance and the paint is far too thick. 

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, BernardTPM said:

Actually its a Reliant Supervan Mk.III.

My Dad only had a motorbike license, which allowed you to drive a three wheeler. As a family we had Bond and Reliants including a Supervan III which had been ‘pimped’ by one of my Dads work collegues at Brighton, Hove and District. It had a window cut into the Van sides and a second row of seats added. All the seats were retrimmed in bus company moquette, the door window winders were big chrome handles used for bus destination blinds and something similar for the door handles.

We also had a roof rack from an earlier Regal this clamped to the rain gutter strip. Here is a photo of it at Whitecliff Bay holiday park at Bembridge IOW……I’m the taller one!

C61A9883-A0D9-405B-A1CC-EF1F18531E1C.jpeg

• Like 8

In the early 1990's there was a Reliant Van belonging to a local tyre company in Newbury that on the rear had a sticker stating it to be a "3 X 3" 

Edited by 2E Sub Shed
Date corrected - RAM error
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

244194748_10219902732818614_200322169984

A more current Reliant Robin special...built for classic reliability trials [class E]...The owner, a skilled engineer, has little or no time for the modern plastic fantastics that abound our country's roads these days.  The thing above has phenomenal climbing ability, really..

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, alastairq said:

244194748_10219902732818614_200322169984

The thing above has phenomenal climbing ability, really..

Does that explain the piece of tree upper foliage in the front chassis?

Cheers

Darius

• Funny 2