Can't order from new website

Hi all,

I'm not sure if it is just me having this problem, but I cannot order from the new Locomotion models website because it blocks the verified by visa service for my card. 

The new website is also extremely unfriendly for mobile users, with odd sizes for some pages and a feature whereby it's very difficult to scroll down pages as a single click anywhere near a product image whilst trying  to scroll takes you to it's page.

Is anyone else having these problems? 

Cheers,

Edited by 60800

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

Worse- browser can't find it and no redirect update....

Les

Working ok here on multiple devices.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 60800 said:

Hi all,

I'm not sure if it is just me having this problem, but I cannot order from the new Locomotion models website because it blocks the verified by visa service for my card. 

The new website is also extremely unfriendly for mobile users, with odd sizes for some pages and a feature whereby it's very difficult to scroll down pages as a single click anywhere near a product image whilst trying  to scroll takes you to it's page.

Is anyone else having these problems? 

Cheers,

Quite  a few sites seem to have hit trouble with these new payment card checks. I say new, they've been know about for maybe a couple of years but they only seem to have become compulsory very recently.

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Quite  a few sites seem to have hit trouble with these new payment card checks. I say new, they've been know about for maybe a couple of years but they only seem to have become compulsory very recently.

Compulsory from today although it seemed many credit card companies made it mandatory over the weekend. Over the weekend I would say that only half of the sites that the family and I tried to order from worked. Going to be a bad day for business today...

Roy

45 minutes ago, beancounter said:

I am still having problems with this today, and cannot get through on the phone either

Which browser are you using? I had issues with Google Chrome before this new stuff came in, so i'd suggest trying to use edge, safari or Firefox - I use the latter.

Cheers,

59 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Which browser are you using? I had issues with Google Chrome before this new stuff came in, so i'd suggest trying to use edge, safari or Firefox - I use the latter.

Cheers,

have tried Chrome and Firefox with no success

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I've encountered difficulties on some sites when a code is asked for and I've found it difficult or impossible to type it in on an iPad using Safari as the virtual keyboard doesn't come up as it should. Nowadays my bank (Lloyds) offers using the mobile banking app instead — much simpler.

Hello, apologies that people are still having issues getting payments through we are working with our developer and payment provide to navigate through the issues since the payment updates at the weekend. 

All of the team are at Ally Pally setting up for the model show this weekend please email us at queries-locomotionmodels@locomotion.org.uk and pick up orders and contact to take payment over the phone. 

Cheers

Tom