RMweb - Change of hosting, missing images - April 2022

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

My Gold membership status appears to have vanished though,

Rich, could you try to login in here https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/account/login?ref=%2Fmy-account%2Fmy-membership%2F with your World of Railways account please? That *should* re-synch everything.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy and team, well done in restoring what you have!

I've just been in to 'My Profile' to restore my Avatar (also from my own back-up, it's not on my new PC) and I see that my Bookmarks are still available too - that's great news (for me). 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good to be back. Thank you for everything that you have done or tried to do to resolve or prevent this. 

I can't begin to imagine how difficult it has all been for you and everyone involved. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

That, everyone, was one of the real heroes behind getting you back up and running again; not me. None of it could have been done with him. 

d5a64536c94247c9f2c80e486861753e.gif

Well done to @AY Mod and the team - and thank you for the explanations as to what has been the problem (and for having had the foresight to back up the SQL separately long before this happened).

Does a quick edit need to be done to the comment above - though I hesitate to mention it in this context, I think an ‘out’ might be missing?

I join with others who’ve been quicker off the mark to support the idea that Andy deserves another chance at the holiday that was basically lost.

Thanks again, Keith.

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations and thanks to all for getting things sorted .

Things seem to be back to normal , so nice to have a page change in an

instant rather than a day .    😀

Again thanks and well done .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks to all concerned for getting RMWeb up and running again.  It has been much missed.

The overall experience seems to be much more fluid now.

• Thanks 1

Well done Andy and all who were involved in the recovery and migration to a new host. It must have been hard and very stressful.

Thank you keeping us updated on the Facebook account as well.

Personally, everything I have looked at is there. Knowing how much I have posted on my own layout thread, much of which I refer back to see how I did some things, I think the quantity of data preserved is incredible.

Losing some images is not surprising considering how much bigger file sizes are, hopefully people will have backups of images uploaded. Hotlinked images are working fine, but then they are on outside servers, so that is not surprising.

The site is also working far faster than in recent months.

Well done and thank you bringing some normality back to an increasingly worrying world.

Jamie

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

One minor issue for the list @AY Mod

I can't upload a new avatar image.  Every one I try generates the message "Larger than 1024mb" even when the file size is as low as 200mb.  Not urgent.  

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

In one shocking piece of news some may have missed in the past week @Andrew P has ripped up Bute Road, to be replaced by one or two smaller layouts.

No one told me about that, I'd better nip outside and have a look. Also check my You Tube channel for my latest fun and games. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

I can't upload a new avatar image.  Every one I try generates the message "Larger than 1024mb" even when the file size is as low as 200mb.  Not urgent.  

I would suggest re-sizing an image down to about 150x150px and then uploading - I can't see the size limit right now but it shouldn't have been possible to do one that large previously. large.

• Thanks 1