Modelling Departmental Coaching Stock and Track Machines

Simon Bendall

A quick mention that volume 5 of my Modelling British Railways rolling stock series is now available, this being a 116-page look at an assortment of departmental coaching stock subjects along with associated track plant and wagons during the diesel era. It's a huge topic so not everything can be covered in one volume but this one includes breakdown cranes, coaches and wagons; overhead electrification and maintenance coaches; staff, tool and dormitory vehicles; stores coaches and wagons including Enparts; tunnel inspection trains; weedkilling trains and viaduct inspection units. All presented in the usual manner with a mix of prototype and modelling content. Contributors include Trevor Mann and David Ratcliffe as ever while models come from Greg Brookes, Tony Buckton, Tom Curtis, Steve Farmer, Mark Lambert, Gary Long, Bob Taylor, Hywel Thomas, Roland Turner and Paul Wade.

The special is in stock and available to order from the Key Publishing shop https://shop.keypublishing.com/collections/magazine-specials/products/modelling-british-railways-departmental-coaches and is officially on sale in the shops from tomorrow - Smiths, some supermarkets, etc as usual

Some sample pages below.

0001.jpg

44-45 spread.jpg

66-67 spread.jpg

110-111 spread.jpg

34-35 spread.jpg

74-75 spread.jpg

Edited by Simon Bendall
  • Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have been waiting to get this latest edition at one of my local Supermarkets or WH Smith but have yet to see this appear in the shops.

I notice this thread has also gone a little quiet.

Has anyone managed to get a copy of this yet & if so could they confirm where they got this from.

Thank you.