Bachmann to launch MCC retail store in Leicestershire

Phil Parker

Boom! Somewhere hidden away, I've got an early Beatties catalogue from the 70s, full of the model railway standards of the day, Farish Formoway, Wrenn, Tri-ang Hornby, Hornby Dublo, Fleischman, LGB, Wills Fincast, Ks kits, Riko, H&M, Minitrix, Lima O, OO, HO and N, Atlas, Rivarossi etc, and all priced in £ s d. I will find it!..... 

IMG_20220402_212739.jpg

Edited by pippindoo
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I have no certificate or anything but I do have the Lima class 20 which used to run around the layout in beatties shop window in Blackpool, bought for a tenner in the shop- no box, broken buffers and drive shaft all of which have been replaced (although buffers wrong colour! For this little piece of history I would listen to offers over £200!!

Anyway good luck Bachmann with this venture I look forward to the chain opening near me soon.

• Like 2

On 03/04/2022 at 08:44, Markwj said:

I have no certificate or anything but I do have the Lima class 20 which used to run around the layout in beatties shop window in Blackpool, bought for a tenner in the shop- no box, broken buffers and drive shaft all of which have been replaced (although buffers wrong colour! For this little piece of history I would listen to offers over £200!!

Anyway good luck Bachmann with this venture I look forward to the chain opening near me soon.

Hounds Hill shopping centre. A regular holiday visit! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Where is the envy button? 

I’ve got two of the large ones. If you promise you’re an enthusiast and you’re not going to put it on eBay for £100 then I’ll send you one :) 

Edited by ianmacc
  • Like 2

• Administrators
On 07/04/2022 at 21:31, ianmacc said:

I’ve got two of the large ones. If you promise you’re an enthusiast and you’re not going to put it on eBay for £100 then I’ll send you one :) 

Those who know me know that the only time I'm looking at Beatties bags on eBay is as a bidder! http://philsworkbench.blogspot.com/search/label/Beatties collection

• Like 1

On 02/04/2022 at 12:42, fezza said:

The general public expect to pay about £50 for a train set - the price they pay at Asda at Christmas. They are going to get a big shock in this store.

I remember about 10 years or so ago being in the Signal Box at Ansty where two grandparents were buying some items for their grandsons model railway, advice was given towards second hand or lower priced items but they were set on two Hornby A3 locomotives at near enough current RRP prices for the time. Neither were modellers, just because it is the general public doesn't mean they won't buy items at RRP or thereabouts.

• Like 1