Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
On 04/04/2022 at 20:18, Andrew P said:

Naa, that's safe, beside, they would all fall off if I ran my Trains up side down.😊  🙃

Apparently something odd is happening to Earth’s magnetic field.  According to the internet (and I would never doubt it) over the last 200 years, it’s been slowly weakening and shifting its magnetic north pole.

I suspect it is you that will soon be upside my friend!

Mind you by the time it happens you will have built another 30 layouts so somewhat academic in the scheme of things.

• Funny 6

There you are......

Just tracked you down and I have to say this new layout is right up my field.....so to speak!

I shall follow with interest and fingers crossed this one gets finished as it has the makings of a lovely layout full of scenic potential....😀

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Graham T said:

Blimey, thanks Andy - pretty sure I've never been called a grandee before!

Are you sure you didn't mean grandad in my case?

Better than a GREAT Grandad 8 times over. 😮  😃   👍

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Kevin, Thanks for joining the mayhem that could ensue over the coming Months. Your partly responsible you know, 😮 so if it all goes wrong, your to blame, 🤣 along of course with other notable grandees from here on RM Web, such as Al / @Alister_G     @ Rob / @NHY 581 Graham / @Graham T Phil / @phil.c      and the late John Flann and many others.

I'm looking forward to doing the Scenic details as I did on Pencarne, (shown below).

Morning Andy,

Somewhat flattered to see myself amongst such esteemed company. 

Thank you. 

Rob. 

• Like 2

What my fault, wasn't me guv....honest.

I'm just here at LM to fix a door and off load a crate....

It's that chap over there you need to speak to!!!

Yes, that chap with a surprised look on his face at being included in such company.....!

😇

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Kevin, Thanks for joining the mayhem that could ensue over the coming Months. Your partly responsible you know, 😮 so if it all goes wrong, your to blame, 🤣 along of course with other notable grandees from here on RM Web, such as Al / @Alister_G     @ Rob / @NHY 581 Graham / @Graham T Phil / @phil.c      and the late John Flann and many others.

I'm looking forward to doing the Scenic details as I did on Pencarne, (shown below).

552620706_NonPenPLUSScenics047.JPG.10cfaf04a0dbb1768fc34c12dacd6f49.JPG

38918817_NonPenPLUSScenics053.JPG.c9b4bf6b24043d13070ad370cd1b3914.JPG

1310110029_NonPenPLUSScenics068.JPG.7fe4b824d656b8e4c1b2317ac250e865.JPG

Ah, the caravan park!

• Agree 1

Only just found this thread, some very nice modelling here, I particularly like how you've set the buildings into the landscape, it's very convincing.

Caravans are a Marmite thing, but the FB Victor gets my vote! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KNP said:

What my fault, wasn't me guv....honest.

I'm just here at LM to fix a door and off load a crate....

It's that chap over there you need to speak to!!!

Yes, that chap with a surprised look on his face at being included in such company.....!

😇

I see we have a blame culture creeping in.😮

Oh, and YES, it was me that started it.  🤣🤪😆👍

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Only just found this thread, some very nice modelling here, I particularly like how you've set the buildings into the landscape, it's very convincing.

Caravans are a Marmite thing, but the FB Victor gets my vote! 

Cheers, and thanks for the comment on the Victor, that's a copy of the one my Mum passed her test in, same colour as well.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

552620706_NonPenPLUSScenics047.JPG.10cfaf04a0dbb1768fc34c12dacd6f49.JPG

Good god Andy .. I saw this and thought blimey! AP is working faster than ever, he's nearly finished!  Then I went back and did what I should have to start with and read the post ... and realised this was a Blue Peter post ... here's one I did earlier! :)

Following along with interest Andy ... might even have something of mine for you to follow shortly!!!  You know a world without AP building a branch line layout just doesn't feel right somehow, so glad your back into your normal swing of things!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

Good god Andy .. I saw this and thought blimey! AP is working faster than ever, he's nearly finished!  Then I went back and did what I should have to start with and read the post ... and realised this was a Blue Peter post ... here's one I did earlier! :)

Following along with interest Andy ... might even have something of mine for you to follow shortly!!!  You know a world without AP building a branch line layout just doesn't feel right somehow, so glad your back into your normal swing of things!

Rich

Thanks Rich, slow but sure, as you well know, but I am getting there.😙

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Clever, but . . .

You can’t use the headshunt at the same time as the RH branch.  If you can live with that limitation it’s a good move.

Paul.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Clever, but . . .

You can’t use the headshunt at the same time as the RH branch.  If you can live with that limitation it’s a good move.

Paul.

Yes Paul, but it will be worked as One Engine in Steam, much as the Real Terminus I think.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This is looking good Andy and hopefully will give you plenty of fun shunting troublesome trucks about. 

The auto frogs are giving me food for thought as frog power transfer is a headache I’m wrestling with for points I’m building in N where I was planning on using sliding switches with the operating black lever drilled through to take wire linked to the tie bar but there is so little throw on the tie bar I think the travel needed in the switch will be far too much.

One observation if I may? As soon as you offered up the Metcalfe stone it drew my eye to the platform surface which by comparison looks very blue. This may of course be an optical illusion caused by the camera, or not enough coffee my end.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1