Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Locos/rolling stock that haven't been produced RTR in OO but have been produced RTR in other scales?

Bachmann's 319. and Revolution's 320/321 and planned 313 electric units (and Bachmann's recently announced 769) have so far avoided the Miracle Grow.  Which is strange given the range of OHLE locos in OO.  Hopefully that will be rectified soon, especially as the 319 and 313 also worked the stabiliser rail and the 769, when they can be bothered to work, also run on non-electric routes.

Before anyone trots out the cost issue, manufacturers continue to release three and four car units in OO and they clearly sell otherwise they wouldn't be producing them, so we can park that excuse.

Edited by wombatofludham
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/05/2022 at 19:09, wombatofludham said:

Bachmann's 319. and Revolution's 320/321 and planned 313 electric units (and Bachmann's recently announced 769) have so far avoided the Miracle Grow.  Which is strange given the range of OHLE locos in OO.  Hopefully that will be rectified soon, especially as the 319 and 313 also worked the stabiliser rail and the 769, when they can be bothered to work, also run on non-electric routes.

Before anyone trots out the cost issue, manufacturers continue to release three and four car units in OO and they clearly sell otherwise they wouldn't be producing them, so we can park that excuse.

I agree these are pretty much open goals for OO in my mind , especially 313/314

Cost does matter , but if you need one of those for your layout and you've paid the mortgage , leccy , fed yourself and have a bit left over then your going to go for it , maybe at the expense of not buying other models .  1970s-1990s AC EMUs are an untapped market  and given that we have 86s/87s/90s that all seem to sell well it is surprising one hasnt been announced yet - but I've been saying that for years !

For the manufacturer the key as always will be the cost /volume equation . Make enough to make a reasonable profit but not too many  that you have them left in stock.  

I think our main hope is that Accurascale will take up the challenge . Best chance of good spec and value for money too .

• Agree 2