If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Reddington Junction!

Reddington Junction

Hello everyone,

I joined a while back but haven't been able to get on and introduce myself. I'm Stevie and Reddington Junction is my new work-in-progress attic layout. Having spent the first few months of the year getting the attic ready for a layout (flooring, framework on trusses and base building boards down), last weekend I finally started laying track. 

Myself, I'm 31 and have been in to railway modelling for most my life. My grandad got me in to it taking me to the London Transport Museum amongst many stations to watch trains as a young boy. Big memory being when he took me down to Kings Cross Station and asked the driver of a parked Intercity 125 if he could let me in the cab / show me round it. Still have the photos my Grandad took from that day (including the weird green puffer jacket my parents had made me wear...). My first layout was a 6x4 Hornby TrakMat one my father built for me. Unfortunately the roof of our garage fell through and destroyed the layout. I've had other layouts since, my most recent being a 7x7 3 track layout but have decided to turn the garage back in to a garage so will be selling that off to fund parts for the new Reddington Junction.

I've mainly joined to share updates of my new layout but also to pick the brains of the depths of knowledge this forum has to offer. The main stock on the layout is LNER & BR Steam locomotives littered with the odd LMS loco. I do have a couple of diesel/electric engines and a full rake Intercity 125 owing to the reason above. Favourite loco in my collection is a Hornby B17 "Leeds United" that my father bought me 20 years ago and latest purchase was a Hornby LNER Apple Green W-1 Hush Hush, a truly stunning loco and one of the smoothest running locos I've seen.

Thanks all for your time and I look forward to chatting to people on here.

Stevie

• Like 1