RhB Stations : Kulbis Station remodelling

Blobrick

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks 

Can anyone  confirm when the Rhb's station at Kublis was remodelled?

From the photos l ve found it would seem that it occurred some time in 2014. The Google earth project carried out in 2014 appears to capture what l suspect are the first stages of the remodelling work, but this assumption is based on the date given for the camera work on the Google site and could be earlier/later? 

It would be great to confirm a date?

Fingers crossed

Bob C

A dig on their website threw up this doc that suggests the resignalling for the new layout came into effect in Oct 2016,  if i'm understanding it correctly - i'd presume that marked the end of that project?

https://www.rhb.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/redaktion/Ueber_die_RhB/Unternehmen/Dokumente/Vorschriften/Ganzes_Netz/Landquart_-_Davos_Platz/BV_510.021_Kueblis_Sicherungsanlage_.pdf

• Informative/Useful 1

Interesting little snippet, compare the Google train pics from April 2014 with the streetview from Aug 2014 and yes I think that must be the early phases of that project.

Compare the tiny gap between buildings by the Dalvazza crossing in April, with what looks like a part demolished/part relocated property being rebuilt slightly further away to allow for the double track section in August for a good benchmark.

• Informative/Useful 1

I went to the bike shop in Kublis in June 2014. I recall the station area being torn up at that time.

On a side note, the Terminus Hotel in Kublis looks like a nice place to stay. Ah, the wonders of Google Maps.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 09/04/2022 at 16:16, MOB FAN said:

I went to the bike shop in Kublis in June 2014. I recall the station area being torn up at that time.

On a side note, the Terminus Hotel in Kublis looks like a nice place to stay. Ah, the wonders of Google Maps.

Google Street view still shows the old situation in 2014. This didn't help my planning when I booked the Hotel Terminus for my 'just in time' February 2020 trip (Covid was 'known'...) but for comparison is actually useful.

The rebuild was finished when I stopped there for phots in 2017

The Hotel Terminus is also a rebuild. It is the old Hotel Alte Post and the old Hotel Terminus joined together.  I picked the hotel almost at random (web site photos on booking site were not the best and completely under-promise on the hotel's benefits...such as...being able to phot Ge6/6II 701 from the 'bathroom'...

IMG_2870 st.JPG

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1