Aspire Gifts and Models

BartonStDavidSDJR

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Aspire Gifts and Models near Dorchester. 

I put in an order earlier today, but as of yet I have still had no email confirmation, nothing. It’s left me a little worried as reading further into others experiences has revealed a number of issues similar to mine.

I tried calling, but admittedly it was close to closing time so I’ll try again tomorrow. Have I made a terrible mistake placing an order with them, or should I have just placed the order with Hattons, spend the extra £15 (for the same items!) and get a fast and efficient service?

Guest Jack Benson

Hello,

I have visited the premises of Aspire Gifts at Buckland Newton, an odd location in a farmyard in a quiet part corner of Dorset.

It is not an experience that I ever wish to repeat despite it being the closest model ‘shop’ to DT9

StaySafe

Well I managed to get in contact with them and turns out the prices I paid online were incorrect, so they needed to cancel the order anyway.

I don’t know why they’d be advertising prices to be lower than they actually are, but needless to say I know I can get the items much cheaper elsewhere.

Just got to wait for the refund to appear in my account now, fingers crossed.

20 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

Hello,

I have visited the premises of Aspire Gifts at Buckland Newton, an odd location in a farmyard in a quiet part corner of Dorset.

It is not an experience that I ever wish to repeat despite it being the closest model ‘shop’ to DT9

StaySafe

Say more......

• Agree 1

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I wish I had read these posts before placing my order in November.  The money was taken but no confirmation was received and no model arrived.  I managed to get through by phone and was advised the model was unavailable and I would get a refund in the next week.  No refund. I have since emailed twice and telephoned without any response.  I also visited the shop, in December, to find it at the back of some barns but closed.  I am now wondering if they are out of business or reluctant to process refunds.

6 hours ago, alangrosse said:

Hello,

I wish I had read these posts before placing my order in November.  The money was taken but no confirmation was received and no model arrived.  I managed to get through by phone and was advised the model was unavailable and I would get a refund in the next week.  No refund. I have since emailed twice and telephoned without any response.  I also visited the shop, in December, to find it at the back of some barns but closed.  I am now wondering if they are out of business or reluctant to process refunds.

If you paid by card I would ask the bank for a refund

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered an Oxford Diecast model that Edward of Aspire was advertising as in 'Stock'. I ordered the item on 31st October 2022 and received an email confirmation and invoice the next day 1st November. Edward took the money from my bank account that day, then nothing. I left it 3 weeks in case he was very busy, but nothing. I phoned and got his wife who said she would ask him to call me back. A week later and nothing. I phoned again and got Edward who was very apologetic and said, "I know I've got it somewhere, but just can't find it". He promised to have a further search and send it, then nothing. I emailed and suggested that as he was unable to find it, he refund my bank account, but nothing. Apart from the invoice on the 1st November I have had no reply to any contact I have made with him. He is a thoroughly scurrilous individual. Unfortunately it seems he has history for this behaviour. November, December and now January, he's not going to send the item OR refund me my money. He's not just disorganised , HE'S A THIEF.

This company must be one of the worst ever, i stupidly ordered two 00 gauge model vehicles from them on 4th September 2022 and after many emails (To which they didn't have the courtesy to reply to) i received one item on 21 Oct 2022, it is now Jan 26 2023 and i am still waiting for the completion of my order.

i have now contacted my bank to recover the money owing to me,

I too have made the mistake of using this trader in the past, when the advertised an item in stock that turned out not to be. 

Ended up eventually getting my money back after a lot of misdirection.

Would never touch them again!

steve