Unable to access forum area

Hi.

Is anyone else have issues accessing the UK Prototype discussions threads?

For the last few weeks the menu page for this tread will not load on either my phone (Android), or my laptop (Windows 11), yet every other area seem to load ok! Please see the attached screenshot shot.

Many thanks

Ian

Screenshot_20220419-221000.png.e83c88b5e4ac74a7d0cd78bbcc5e3ae4.png

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Gareth 73 said:

Yes I deleted all cookies

Could you also try in an incognito window or an alternative browser please?

47 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Could you also try in an incognito window or an alternative browser please?

Hi Andy,

I have tried incognito on Chrome, I have tried normal Chrome and I have tried Windows Edge. All of them with me signed into RMWed and without being signed in. None of which work, I still get the same message. Likewise I have tried deleting cookies and retried all the above.

The confusing bit is it is only the one group of threads that I am having trouble accessing!

Kind regards Ian

• Informative/Useful 1

36 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Does your mobile reach it if you turn WiFi off (or go out of its range) and use mobile data?

Hi.

No. Still gives the same error HTTP 500 message...

But thanks for all the ideas so far

Edited by 11B

Using android on phone just in case that makes a difference.

Tried on incognito window and signed in on the main forum list still got the unable to message. Signed out on incognito and normal browser cleared everything. 

Then tried to go to the prototype forum and got in straight away. Then logged in on the prototype forum and after pressing sign in it came up straight away saying unable to.....

So works fine not logged in.

Sorry if it's something stupid I'm doing /not doing and thanks for your time

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I cannot access anything on the RM site on Google and a big advertisement is blocking access to the subjects. There is no ''x' on the advertisement so I cannot delete it.  I can access the site on Avast but I have to delete a small advertisement which obscures some topics.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Robin Brasher said:

I cannot access anything on the RM site on Google and a big advertisement is blocking access to the subjects. There is no ''x' on the advertisement so I cannot delete it.  I can access the site on Avast but I have to delete a small advertisement which obscures some topics.

You may be using old URLs if via Google. The adverts have been well-covered in other topics. Please keep this topic for the specific problem only.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Gareth 73 said:

Sorry if it's something stupid I'm doing /not doing

It's not you, there's obviously something buried deeper for which I'll have to consult with Invision. Useful clarifications have been made in the responses 

Ok, so one little update to this issue... I have briefly managed to access the page I am wanting to using Google chrome on my laptop running on windows 11. This was without my being signed into the site. Here ends the good news... I stupidly signed in, then tried to get back on the page an it wouldn't let me, also signed out to try to get back on and it still won't let me...

The only other thing that II have not previously mentioned is that I am using Norton 365 on both my phone and laptop.

But I am still at a loss as to why it is only the one area that I can not get into.

Many thanks

Ian

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, 11B said:

I am using Norton 365

A couple of weeks ago a McAfee user reported a similar problem and that he could access the page after an update. Interesting. Anyone else affected using Norton or McAfee?

• RMweb Premium

No trouble in access to UK Prototype discussions on this laptop Win 8.1, Norton 360, Firefox 99.0.1; also OK in Opera 85.0.4341.60.

• Informative/Useful 1

Sometimes having a VPN (Virtual Private Network) switched on can stop a user accessing certain websites or web pages. It turns out that certain IP addresses used by VPNs are blocked by certain websites as they can be, and indeed have been, used for nefarious purposes (such hacking, fraud, etc.).

5 hours ago, Gareth 73 said:

Well I'm not sure what has been changed but I can now access the prototype forum while signed in. So now for a backlog of unread contents lol.

Thank you for the help in this matter

I hope it keeps working for you Gareth

Well... Having cleared all my browsing history and cookies again, it let me in so long as I wasn't signed in, then as soon as I sign in it kicked me out...  Also tried the wi-fi at work with my phone and no joy there either...

The issue seems to be when I'm signed in...

Ian

So... A little update

I have tried to access the UK Prototype discussion from the works computer (NHS) during my break today. It makes no difference, without logging in it's fine, but as soon as I login, it kicks me out!

I have tried everything that everyone on here has said to try, but nothing seems to help. I seems to be when I log in an issue is created...

So thanks for the help so far, and fingers crossed that Andy and the IT guy's can find a fix.

Many thanks

Ian

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 20/04/2022 at 21:23, AY Mod said:

It's not you, there's obviously something buried deeper for which I'll have to consult with Invision. Useful clarifications have been made in the responses 

I'm getting the same thing, also in Prototype Discussions. It's doing the same thing in Layout Topics too. Like @11B, all other sections and sub-forums are working fine. I've tried the same work arounds as well, and get the same results. Only tried on Android phone, but I'll try on a Windows laptop later.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello.

I am, sadly having a similar issue with ‘Layout Topics’ both in Firefox, just blank page with no error report and Edge which loads up until I login then gives an error!

I know this will get sorted in time so only adding in my issues which I hope will not give any member of your hard working team any sleepless nights?

Many thanks to all for getting it back to here.

James.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 27/04/2022 at 12:37, 5944 said:

I'm getting the same thing, also in Prototype Discussions. It's doing the same thing in Layout Topics too. Like @11B, all other sections and sub-forums are working fine. I've tried the same work arounds as well, and get the same results. Only tried on Android phone, but I'll try on a Windows laptop later.

Just had a chance to try it on a laptop, and it's still the same if I'm logged in but fine if not logged in. That's on both Chrome and Edge. I also tried Incognito browsing and got the same error. 

Layout Topics, Prototype Discussions and M, M & M seem to be the only ones that it affects for me, though I haven't tried all the various sub-forums.