Scalescenes industrial in a box file

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

I want to break free of my usual ‘rural’ backwater style, instead a ‘50s tiny industrial diorama in a SMS ‘layout in a box’. This was prompted by desperation to find something, partially solved the discovery of the Scalescenes LY01 Industrial in a Boxfile…….375x245

Except my intended boxfile is 1100x225 but I will be using some of the extra length for the hidden siding which leaves me with some empty space.

Has anyone modified the Scalescenes LY01? I was thinking of adding the T037 Grain Silo as a fairly compatible structure….

Thanks, this is uncharted waters for me but the Scalescenes kits look interesting.

StaySafe

Guest Jack Benson

Found this image on the Scalescenes group page, it is rather impressive but just 1100x250mm, some of the ideas will be shamelessly ‘borrowed’

StaySafe

6DA69B05-3EF1-4436-B92C-24D03B82065B.jpeg.d948d7fbb67379824bfcebe4f61ca895.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I'm partway through a build on a 400x800mm baseboard with LY01 at one end. The modular design of the buildings (intended so you can pack them in the boxfile) also really lends itself to customisation. Here's a shot where I was posing track and loco to see how things might work, plus an overhead (please excuse my toes!). In the second picture, the building on the right is the free low relief warehouse kit. The two buildings on the left are scratchbuilds, just used to experiment with a street scene outside the works. Enjoy making yours!

IMG_20210620_171028.jpg

IMG_20210620_171043.jpg

Edited by Paul C
  • Like 1