N gauge dummy hymek

rogerdee

• RMweb Gold

Dapol spares at DCC supplies may supply the errant bits- I’m unfamiliar with the mechanics of Dapol’s hymek but a range are available from chassis block, clips and side frames. The generic spares may also be a good place to look too. I can’t see any spare gear sets unfortunately. Service is superb (satisfied customer for their OO bits).

https://www.dccsupplies.com/product-category/Dapol-spares/n-gauge-spares/n-gauge-diesel-spares/class-35-hymek-n-gauge/ 
Neil 

Thx I have looked on their pages but they don't have what I want.

The gears on the bogie are okay it's just the bogie doesn't sit properly in the chassis mount.

I know it's the bogie because when lifted off the track it dangles down,where as the other even when swapped ends up still sits perfectly.

• RMweb Premium

Have you stripped it down yet? I ask because I had one to repair a few years back now as the mazak chassis had cracked apart so nothing meshed. This might be the problem you have. The design means the chassis is very thin in places. I got a dummy thinking I could just swop bits over only to discover it had a simple plastic chassis rather than a mazak one. So in the finish I had to bodge repair the original. 

I have striped it down and the only problem is the one bogie it just doesn't seem to fit right.I have swapped the bogies to opposite ends and the same bogie plays up either end. It looks to me that this one is a few tho shorter around what I would call the collet.

• RMweb Premium

I’m afraid I can’t remember if the bogies in the dummy were the same as in a powered chassis. I have a feeling they were, but missing most of the gears as they aren’t needed. Not sure if there were any current collection bits either, I think not. 

So I got a dummy hymek pretty cheap all I needed to do was change the gears from the old bogie to the dummy one and now my powered hymek works as it should.

When I compared the old an new bogies the original powered one seemed to be shorter on the gear tower neck and the two originals when compared didn't match.

Anyway now I have a powered Hymek that works

• Like 2