Search within a thread?

• RMweb Gold

Pre the crash/server re-load there was an option to search within the thread you are currently in. I tried to find and do that this morning and there seem to be more search options available than before (good news) but the option to search in the thread you are in seems to have gone (bad news). If, as a numptie I was missing it, can someone please post a screen grab of the option blobs needing to be activated to do that. 

The query I wanted to do was to find the parking references I knew were in the SWAG Day thread. Not critical and I worked it out in other ways but it would be useful to know how to find a specific item in a long thread.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, john new said:

Pre the crash/server re-load there was an option to search within the thread you are currently in. I tried to find and do that this morning and there seem to be more search options available than before (good news) but the option to search in the thread you are in seems to have gone (bad news). If, as a numptie I was missing it, can someone please post a screen grab of the option blobs needing to be activated to do that. 

The query I wanted to do was to find the parking references I knew were in the SWAG Day thread. Not critical and I worked it out in other ways but it would be useful to know how to find a specific item in a long thread.

@john new

Hi John,

Here you go, click the Search box:

rmweb_search_topic.png.e08ff9994e9c3d7d794b040b8d8a7849.png

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, martin_wynne said:

@john new

Hi John,

Here you go, click the Search box:

rmweb_search_topic.png.e08ff9994e9c3d7d794b040b8d8a7849.png

Martin.

That's weird. That is what I am getting now (and what I expected to see) but wasn't the view I got this morning.  I will get the i-pad out later (pretty sure it was what I tried it on this morning) and see if it works differently on that to the desktop Mac.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, john new said:

That's weird. That is what I am getting now (and what I expected to see) but wasn't the view I got this morning.  I will get the i-pad out later (pretty sure it was what I tried it on this morning) and see if it works differently on that to the desktop Mac.

It is the difference between the I-pad search options and the main Mac desktop. I-pad screen grab attached. Now I know they are different I will work around the issue but logged for info.

3FB66CC2-7DA5-4D62-9C50-EE76114418E9.png