Coal Towers

As part of an O gauge layout I am now starting to build I am planning to scratch build a coal tower. I am hoping to start track laying shortly however the loading track needs to be located appropriately for the tower. There is a good selection of reference photos online however I cannot find any plans online. Does anyone have access to plans of a single track coal tower that they would be willing to share before I start trying to create plans from the reference photos? I am not modelling any specific location therefore exact design is not overly important however the layout is LNER based.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
On 29/04/2022 at 13:36, Thebodger said:

As part of an O gauge layout I am now starting to build I am planning to scratch build a coal tower. I am hoping to start track laying shortly however the loading track needs to be located appropriately for the tower. There is a good selection of reference photos online however I cannot find any plans online. Does anyone have access to plans of a single track coal tower that they would be willing to share before I start trying to create plans from the reference photos? I am not modelling any specific location therefore exact design is not overly important however the layout is LNER based.

If you are willing to have a steel coal hoist rather than concrete Model Railway Journal No.143 has an article with drawings on building Retford coal hoist.

Andrew