Zimo sound decoders and acceleration

Solo

• RMweb Premium

Bit of a funny question but last year I was playing around with two Farish N gauge models (a 108 DMU and one of the new '31's) and trying to limit the acceleration rate and have the sounds 'ramp-up' more quickly.  In both cases the object was to get some 'thrash' out of the sound file earlier and in the case of the DMU to get the change from 1st to second gear down to a more prototypical speed (previously this had happened at a scale 40mph or so).  Both were Digitrains sound files on Zimo decoders and after having found some info on here I managed to do this successfully....only thing is I can't remember how!  I'm pretty sure it wasn't connected to the usual low-numbered CVs 3-6 that control top speed/momentum but rather another CV (possibly specific to Zimo) where it was a case of changing the default value and I remember the number 80 or maybe 85 being involved somewhere as that value.  I'd be really grateful if anyone has any ideas since it increased the 'playability' factor of the the N gauge models no end.

In the Digitrains sound project, the Class 108 gear change thresholds were set for 00 gauge models.

It's possible to 'compress' the speed range and the thresholds on ZIMO decoders, by reducing the value in CV57. That's probably what you have come across before.

Best regards,

Paul

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, pauliebanger said:

In the Digitrains sound project, the Class 108 gear change thresholds were set for 00 gauge models.

It's possible to 'compress' the speed range and the thresholds on ZIMO decoders, by reducing the value in CV57. That's probably what you have come across before.

Best regards,

Paul

Hi Paul, yes that's the one!  All coming back now, will remember to write these things down in future...

Many thanks

Andy