Bachmann Summer 2022 Announcement

younGGuns7

It looks like it should be this Wednesday...

Spring 22 was 02/02, Winter 21 was 03/11, Autumn was 04/08 and Summer was 05/05. All of these were Wednesdays so Wednesday 4th May 22 would be expected, but there is nothing on the Bachman website to indicate that something is in the pipeline.

Luke

Edited by luke_stevens

Fantastic! I asked this on a thread below a few days ago. 

Fingers crossed for a 'modern' DRS Compass 47818 and a super modern GBRf example. Some Anglia Mk2Fs and the biggest recent omission, a DRS DBSO! We haven't had a re-run of the class 158/159 in a long time! 

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

So can we expect a Star Wars themed announcement then? 

😁😄😆

Shall I get in my "Nothing there for me" now then - only if its a May the Fourth be with you announcement of course 😃

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

So can we expect a Star Wars themed announcement then? 

😁😄😆

Surely you mean "inspired by" Star Wars ... ;-)

• Funny 5

I can see it all now….

The evil British Rail Board empire led by Darth Beeching under the control of Emperor Marples up against an alliance of the National Union of Rebels assisted by the mysterious ASLEF Knights

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

5 hours ago, 159220 said:

Fantastic! I asked this on a thread below a few days ago. 

Fingers crossed for a 'modern' DRS Compass 47818 and a super modern GBRf example. Some Anglia Mk2Fs and the biggest recent omission, a DRS DBSO! We haven't had a re-run of the class 158/159 in a long time! 

That raises a question.  Would Bachmann have prepared the DRS "shaver foil" Serck replacement grilles for their new class 47 ?

3 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

..... which means it might get pushed back a day like the bin collections !

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Where do you live that the bin men get a bank holiday off, ours only get Christmas Day off these days.

Wot ?  Here in South Staffordshire our bins were emptied on Bank holiday monday 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm wondering whether Bachmann will have much to announce at all, with all the items that we already know about slipping because of the situation in China. The new Bulleid coaches were probably scheduled to be included this time, but now that they have slipped to Sept/Oct, presumably they will now appear in the Autumn announcements in August instead.

If Bachmann is drip feeding a few new 47s each quarter, I'm hoping that the Green FYE version will be up next.

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Where do you live that the bin men get a bank holiday off, ours only get Christmas Day off these days.

Weird - that's actually illegal.  Employees must be given a day off for a Statutory Bank Holiday although if they work on that day it is quite permissible but they are then entitled to a day in lieu of having worked.  What some companies do - including my  final 'big railway' employer is add the Bank Holiday lieu day entitlement to the total Annual Leave but that has to be an addition to that leave and not instead of it.  Legally most UK employees working a 5 day week are entitled 28 days paid Annual Leave per annum - leave in lieu of Statutory Bank Holidays worked should be additional to that.

Anyway our bin days are delayed by one day evert y time there is a Bank Holiday in the week - which can get quite interesting around Christmas and New Year as the Bank Holidays stack up.. 

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Weird - that's actually illegal.  Employees must be given a day off for a Statutory Bank Holiday although if they work on that day it is quite permissible but they are then entitled to a day in lieu of having worked.  What some companies do - including my  final 'big railway' employer is add the Bank Holiday lieu day entitlement to the total Annual Leave but that has to be an addition to that leave and not instead of it.  Legally most UK employees working a 5 day week are entitled 28 days paid Annual Leave per annum - leave in lieu of Statutory Bank Holidays worked should be additional to that.

Anyway our bin days are delayed by one day evert y time there is a Bank Holiday in the week - which can get quite interesting around Christmas and New Year as the Bank Holidays stack up.. 

Couple of errors in there.

There is no legal entitlement to be given extra leave for bank holidays in the UK, and the employer can include bank holiday within those 28 days. See: https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights which states:

Bank holidays

Bank or public holidays do not have to be given as paid leave.

An employer can choose to include bank holidays as part of a worker’s statutory annual leave.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, woodenhead said:

12 hours ago, Covkid said:

Wot ?  Here in South Staffordshire our bins were emptied on Bank holiday monday 

Dito down in here in Sussex

Over recent years its been increasingly common for more enlightened councils to ensure their waste contracts are structured such that collections still take place as normal on all bank holidays other than Christmas day.

• RMweb Gold

North norfolk don't do bank holiday bin collection but they then work the Saturday after it which is odd as they don't normally Saturdays