Bachmann Summer 2022 Announcement

younGGuns7

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Martin_R said:

My guess part of tomorrow’s announcement will be an all new class 37 to the same standard as the class 47 including DRS Wipac light versions all due to arrive in the next few weeks……..

I'm not sure they'd go head to head with the Accurascale one.

• Agree 1

I'd like to hope that (and I'm trying to say this without treading that fine line between wish listing and hope) that we see some more liveries on some of the existing tooling's first. Both Hornby and Bachmann are sitting on a number of goldmines with their DMU toolings, but seem to be somewhat drip feeding us with certain liveries.

I guess we'll have to see what tomorrow morning brings us - it's going to be an interesting day with both Bachmann's announcement and East Midlands Railway's HST related one!  

Edited by surfsup
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Martin_R said:

My guess part of tomorrow’s announcement will be an all new class 37 to the same standard as the class 47 including DRS Wipac light versions all due to arrive in the next few weeks……..

Wallets at the ready!!! 

• RMweb Gold

“You must unlearn what you have learned”… master yoda

Because, Blue 47’s.. what it looks like, this is…

Dufftown

(not my image/flickr)

and to wrap up the three spins running on this thread, my job has an “unlimited” vacation policy.. nice perk, but covid meant ive not made as much use of it as I intended.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

I'm hoping that they do a re-run of the FFA/FGA freightliner flats - The inner wagons sold out everywhere so quickly! I'd love to see more container varieties, as well as the guards pod from the 60's - Though I suspect the likelihood of this actually being announced is low.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Martin_R said:

Sincerely doubt this. They need to compete on price as well as quality.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

I’d like to see a Northern 158

The photo in the email looks like something London Underground to me with a red front?

D144B586-6B5B-4B1E-BE55-AABA93F5424A.png.1970ca6fe2114d1e194088c7b8b5010c.png

Richard

I guess if Bachmann were to do something LUL based, the D78 stock would be a good idea as they could also do the Class 230 with minor tool changes to the body - and they have a whole host of different liveries to cover.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

I do like the way Bachmann (and to be fair others) who have adopted and moved away from the one announcement a year cycle are now announcing new models as it helps keep things fresh and exciting although there may not be anything of interest to purchase in this round there is bound to be in the next and not too long to wait. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, John M Upton said:

I predict naff all in N scale though, might get another low relief toilet I suppose.....

When you have a prostate like mine any toilet is a huge relief!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• AY Mod locked this topic