Graham Farish Summer 2022 Announcements

AY Mod

As the release dates on the Bachmann website have been updated, here is a quick summery of the release dates.

Steam locos

MR 4F Nov/Dec

LNER J39 Feb/Mar

BR 5MT Feb/Mar

Diesel locos

03 Jun/Jul

08 Jun/Jul/Aug

24 Oct/Nov

37 Jun/Jul/Aug

42 Jan/Feb

60 Aug/Sep/Oct

Multiple Units

101 Jun/Jul

220 Dec/Jan

319 & 769 Jun/Jul

Coaches

MK1 Suburban Jul/Aug/Sep

Highlander Train Pack Jun/Jul

Wagons

Conflat Jul/Aug

BR Brake Van Jun/Jul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

As the release dates on the Bachmann website have been updated, here is a quick summery of the release dates.

What years are those months in?

Richard

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 07/05/2022 at 18:33, Willoughby Glen said:

I thought 60040 was supposed to be a Colletts Models Limited Edition, from this announcement looks like that has been dropped

That was dropped ages ago now.  

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

Good to know I'm waisting my time, I won't bother in the future.

My apologies Paul - I didn’t mean to imply any slight. You are not wasting your time with your summaries.

And I wasn’t really making a joke: are the J39 and 5MT running a bit late, or are they now Jan/Feb 2023?

Richard

Edited by RichardT
Add something.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/05/2022 at 18:50, montyburns56 said:

Well this is the company that has decided to get the MK2 tooling out and just do a run of BSOs and TSOs in the obscure RTC livery, but not the Blue/grey TSO which everyone has been screaming out for, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

It was also bizarre that the Mk 2 TSO was produced in Network SouthEast livery for the NSE Capital Connection box set but the run was not extended to make the NSE TSO available as a single coach for purchase - it is urgently needed!

Also, another gap is a Farish Class 37 in all over DB Schenker red. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Interesting you mention the DB Schenker Class 37, it came up in conversation elsewhere today and the general consensus was that it would probably never be that good a seller (a regional Limited Edition at a push) simply because, despite the popularity of the livery per se, the actual 37's painted in it failed miserably so the time span for them to be modelled is extremely short.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Interesting you mention the DB Schenker Class 37, it came up in conversation elsewhere today and the general consensus was that it would probably never be that good a seller (a regional Limited Edition at a push) simply because, despite the popularity of the livery per se, the actual 37's painted in it failed miserably so the time span for them to be modelled is extremely short.

About 18 months in service I believe?

• RMweb Premium

One only lasted a few days before a major engine failure and that was it.  The other managed a little better but overall it was a colossal waste of money by DBS repainting them.

Also one had the horn relocated to the front of the nose roof for no readily apparent reason, that would require a retool which is never going to happen.  They could just release a version with the horn in the normal place but, oh the whinging that would generate....

Edited by John M Upton

9 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

One only lasted a few days before a major engine failure and that was it.  The other managed a little better but overall it was a colossal waste of money by DBS repainting them.

Also one had the horn relocated to the front of the nose roof for no readily apparent reason, that would require a retool which is never going to happen.  They could just release a version with the horn in the normal place but, oh the whinging that would generate....

There was 3 of them 419 which failed, 401 and 670 which ran paired and got repainted I think as Northern Belle were not happy with the state of them when used on an Oban trip. They were all knackered and sounded rough and failed on a tour I was involved with just before repaint. As for choice of livery Bachfar 37s are that short on supply they could probably paint them in any colour and they will sell....

419 and 670 were the red pair, 419 was the one that didn't last long. 401 was EWS but with a grey roof, retained from its Royal Scotsman livery.

Moving the horns to the nose top on 670 (and one or two others) was for RHTT services on routes that 37s with roof mounted horns couldn't work. DRS later met this need by using ex split box machines.

Jo

• Informative/Useful 1

On 29/05/2022 at 21:34, Steadfast said:

Yes an EWS 37/4 would be much more useful!

Jo

Agreed, along with an Intercity Mainline 37/4, surely the main 2 liveries the class carried not yet done on the new tooling. Hopefully if the first batch sell well we can get another regional edition in N gauge

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

Agreed, along with an Intercity Mainline 37/4, surely the main 2 liveries the class carried not yet done on the new tooling. Hopefully if the first batch sell well we can get another regional edition in N gauge

Agreed. A late 80s 37/4 in Intercity Mainline with white numbers would be great. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I'd take one of the Eastfield more yellow but no actual Large Logo split box 37's.  37027 I think plus 111 and 112.  Prefer not 111 though as I already have done one of those.  It was disappointing to see the Large Logo 37 announced this time was a modern version rather than classic 1980's interpretation but they can still redeem themselves yet.

When are the next announcements?

On 30/05/2022 at 08:01, Steadfast said:

419 and 670 were the red pair, 419 was the one that didn't last long. 401 was EWS but with a grey roof, retained from its Royal Scotsman livery.

Moving the horns to the nose top on 670 (and one or two others) was for RHTT services on routes that 37s with roof mounted horns couldn't work. DRS later met this need by using ex split box machines.

Jo

That's right, my memory wasn't working when I typed that up. 670 was pulled from the scrapline and ran in its faded condition for a while. I think most of those 37s failed at some stage on trains I was involved with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 47475 said:

Agreed. A late 80s 37/4 in Intercity Mainline with white numbers would be great. 

I am currently planning to strip a Large Logo 418 to paint as 404 in that scheme. I think about two thirds of the /4s carried it more or less late 80s to mid 90s period but we still have them doing COLAS which only one carried.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 04/05/2022 at 12:01, John M Upton said:

What's the price on the area exclusive 37's?  I do hope these are vanilla DCC ready and not fitted!  Also, is there a definitive list of what retailers fall into which area?  I am tempted by 37025...

So am 1.  The area seems to include Lancashire, Cumbria etc.  So Tim at Arcadia may get some - hopefully

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

Bachmann Collectors Club - Class 37/5 Refurb. 37501 'Teesside Steelmaster' BR/British Steel Blue,Class 37/5 Refurb. 37501 'Teesside Steelmaster' BR/British Steel Blue https://www.Bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk/product/category/145/class-37-5-refurb-37501-'teesside-steelmaster'-br-british-steel-blue/371-168k

That’s rather nice. I remember seeing it in the flesh a couple of times on various forays up north and it definitely evokes that era.

• RMweb Premium

Clever choice too as it usually ran with 37502 which Farish just also happened to have released.

Ker-ching...

Edited by John M Upton

On 26/06/2022 at 10:51, Paul.Uni said:

Bachmann Collectors Club - Class 37/5 Refurb. 37501 'Teesside Steelmaster' BR/British Steel Blue,Class 37/5 Refurb. 37501 'Teesside Steelmaster' BR/British Steel Blue https://www.Bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk/product/category/145/class-37-5-refurb-37501-'teesside-steelmaster'-br-british-steel-blue/371-168k

And was available to purchase yesterday at the sale, I have mine already.

3 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Clever choice too as it usually ran with 37502 which Farish just also happened to have released.

Ker-ching...

Compeltely agree, whoever chose to make it that way has probably boosted club membership, I am glad I was already a mewmber. Now to buy 502

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

And was available to purchase yesterday at the sale, I have mine already.

Compeltely agree, whoever chose to make it that way has probably boosted club membership, I am glad I was already a mewmber. Now to buy 502

It's been boosted by at least one (me) !

37501 is one of my must haves.

The other is 47973/97561 in Midland Counties livery, hint, hint

• Like 1